Is "The Domain" too specific a location for a review?

• ztonk
  • 02-04-2015, 07:08 PM
At least one lady here is convinced that listing "The Domain" as the location in a review is a security/privacy concern and badgers her reviewers until they change it.

I. personally, consider "The Domain" to be a generic reference, such as "The Arboretum", "The Vagina TriangleŽ", or "Downtown".

Just curious if the majority agree with me, or if I'm really becoming bat-shit crazy...

ztonk
Very generic......

There is what... 3 hotels and a few hundred Condos/apartments?

Since when do the providers edit the reviews?
If it is not a specific brick and mortal landmark, nope.
Just tell her you will meet her at the Domain tomorrow at noon with $1000 cash as a gift.

If she can find you it's hers if not then she has to pay you.

Maybe that'll bring her back to earth.
No The Domain area refers from mopac all the way to Parmer and Metric, Braker to 183, considerable area.
Hookers go figure! Next the Vagina Triangle will be too specific. Geeez!
No The Domain area refers from mopac all the way to Parmer and Metric, Braker to 183, considerable area. Originally Posted by rockerrick
Sounds like something is wrong with her concept of spatial relations.
  • quzi
  • 02-04-2015, 08:52 PM
oops, voted wrong in the poll. Guess I need to read gooder.
Nice poll. I hope you get your answer.
"The Domain" proper is the area between Braker, Burnet, Mopac, and the railroad track, minus a bit on the North. Roughly 1 mile by 1/2 mile. There are actual trademarks and the owners of the businesses and trademarks involved.

If you imply it's in the actual Domain, the businesses involved may feel a little more inclined to harass us nasty whores and whoremongers. Simon Properties is sometimes somewhat schizo. The local nutjobs and busybodies might see it as something they need to stop.

I presume the hotels know it goes on, but appreciate the money as long as there is no trouble and they can act like they don't know.

I say to just keep it safe and say something like "near the Domain," "Domain Area," or Mopac/Braker area. MoPac/Braker gets the Domain, the Arboretum, the braker/mopac/183 triangle, a number of nearby apartments, etc. That tells the guy as much as he needs to know.

I think only the Westin is actually in the Domain. The La Quinta and Fairfield are not in the Domain proper.

If the lady has concerns, I'd definitely recommend changing it from "The Domain" to a more generic term.

If the lady has concerns, I'd definitely recommend changing it from "The Domain" to a more generic term. Originally Posted by GneissGuy
You and a couple of other guys are sorely missed as mods.
No The Domain area refers from mopac all the way to Parmer and Metric, Braker to 183, considerable area. Originally Posted by rockerrick
That's a little over generous in terms of land area. Taking all the way to 183 overlaps some of the traditional arboretum area. Generally, I'd limit the defined area to that specifically laid out by the developers. If you had to expand it, I'd only take the area bound by Mopac, Braker, and Burnet, and maybe anything that fronts those streets.

In fact, if you were to take the strict definition of The Arboretum, she'd have a better argument, since there's only 1 hotel and no apartments/condos.

Personally, I think of the two areas as one big area anyway. We just need a more compact term form the combined entities. How about this, the area bound by MoPac, 183, and Braker is now in old Austin planning circles as The Golden Triangle.
Perhaps considering the ladies who usually work out of this area, the name should fit for the larger area?
I think some people didn't read the poll before they voted.
I think some people didn't read the poll before they voted. Originally Posted by dante0322
Oh of course, that MUST be it.

Or maybe they just read "or if I'm really becoming bat-shit crazy..."
and were compelled to click yes.
I think only the Westin is actually in the Domain. The La Quinta and Fairfield are not in the Domain proper. Originally Posted by GneissGuy
Aloft Austin and Lonestar Court are both IN the Domain. I've seen a lady at Lonestar Court as well as one of the Condos..... I've had an Outcall to the Westin that started with drinks in the lobby bar.........

Never a hint of an issue.