Guys what do you think?

Would any of you be comfortable using square? I ordered one thinking that maybe I would accept credit cards for those of you whom that works better for.

Give me your thoughts......I am all ears.
I guess it is a nice option to offer, but I would be real careful who you offer that to. Chargebacks are pretty easy and it doesn't take many before you are dropped from the service.

Personally if I have to finance my "fun time" I probably don't deserve said fun time.
It would depend on what is printed on the statement?

Frankly, cash in the white envelope is the best practice from my perspective.

I would NOT wish to leave a financial audit trail to be discovered when my soon to be ex spouse serves paper on my credit card company to get the records of what/where I spend my money.
Cash only !
Something like this might be useful if used with a preloaded gift card that doesn't have your RW name on it. I would be somewhat hesitant to swipe my RW debit or credit cards though,even though I don't have the problem scenario that BugleBoy mentioned.

The Square reader is magstripe-only, right? If they made one that required chip-and-PIN access, that might be safer than carrying cash in an envelope in case of unwanted encounters with the criminal element.
  • Toyz
  • 02-08-2015, 10:30 AM
It would depend on what is printed on the statement?

Frankly, cash in the white envelope is the best practice from my perspective.

I would NOT wish to leave a financial audit trail to be discovered when my soon to be ex spouse serves paper on my credit card company to get the records of what/where I spend my money. Originally Posted by BugleBoy

+

And maybe a personal note on special occasions...

Cash is the best answer for all parties in most cases...

+

And maybe a personal note on special occasions...

Cash is the best answer for all parties in most cases... Originally Posted by Toyz

Classic Toyz....
  • Toyz
  • 02-08-2015, 10:56 AM
Classic Toyz.... Originally Posted by Still Looking
I think Uncle Looking Bucks should be the currency of choice in the Hoogar world replacing Benji's.

"Whats your rate for an hour"

"Two ULB's & a Bologna/Velveeta & Mayo Sammie"
  • tron
  • 02-08-2015, 12:50 PM
If a client wants to use a credit card instead of cash, why don't they just get a cash advance on the credit card instead? You can do that at an ATM, and since the regulations changed a few years ago, it is the first balance paid off on the card.

Leaving a paper trail is a not a good idea. I don't remember if there was a paper trail in Big Pimpin's meltdown in 2010, but it would not have made the situation any better if there was.
I wouldn't trust anything except PayPal in transactions regarding the Hobby.

Side note: BugleBoy, divorce sucks!
Never leave a trail is my belief.

Others may consider it an option but I think that is not wise thinking.
I wouldn't trust anything except PayPal in transactions regarding the Hobby.

Side note: BugleBoy, divorce sucks!
Originally Posted by cinnamonshark
PayPal sucks because if they determine funds where used for illegal activity they delete your account and you forfeit the funds on the account.
Good info here.
DG, I think that square (ironic) will come in handy here and there though.
Let us know how it works out. I have always considered getting one my self.
I know some strippers use it (not on the floor... think it's prohibited)

I'm sure none of us are going to complain on the clients preference to pay in cash.
Cash is King!!!
Lets use it as much as we can while we still have it.

My personal preferred transaction.
I guess it is a nice option to offer, but I would be real careful who you offer that to. Chargebacks are pretty easy and it doesn't take many before you are dropped from the service.

Personally if I have to finance my "fun time" I probably don't deserve said fun time. Originally Posted by Bob McV
Suze Orman? Is that you?

Seriously the best advice in this thread.

+1
PayPal sucks because if they determine funds where used for illegal activity they delete your account and you forfeit the funds on the account. Originally Posted by rockerrick

Really? I wasn't aware. Good to know.