New Court Date With Failure to Appear Warrent

I missed my scheduled court date in Little Rock, AR and now have a failure to appear Warrent. My fear is that I go to get a new court date and they immediately drag me off to jail. I called and was told that I need to show up in person to receive the new date because they can't give it to me over the phone (for obvious reasons).

Should I be afraid to show up or will they just give me a piece of paper and tell me to come back in a few weeks?
What's the offense? If you don't want to post it here, email me at ShysterJon@gmail.com.
What's the offense? If you don't want to post it here, email me at ShysterJon@gmail.com. Originally Posted by ShysterJon
I emailed you
I hope you handle this Hun. Best of luck to you.
Danielle, get an attorney to arrange get the warrant recalled and your new court date. This is best case. Worst case, is having an attorney arrange your surrender and release. I wish you the best of luck.
Depending on the charge, you should be able to call the courthouse and request a continuance after explaining that the reason you missed your original court date was due to a family illness/death/ you were out of the country or state/etc.
Depending on the charge, you should be able to call the courthouse and request a continuance after explaining that the reason you missed your original court date was due to a family illness/death/ you were out of the country or state/etc. Originally Posted by Jerbee
1. Did you notice this thread is stale? You may be giving the greatest advice in the world but it wouldn't matter if the OP has already resolved her issue.

2. Did you even read the OP's post? She wrote: "I called and was told that I need to show up in person to receive the new date because they can't give it to me over the phone (for obvious reasons)." That renders your advice nonsensical. btw, no court is going to withdraw a warrant based on a phone call from the defendant. That's silly.
I hope you do well!
I haven't went up there yet, trying to find an attorney that won't charge me more than the fee is worth. I maybe just show up with a friend and if they do decide to lock me up, I can at least post bail that same day.
Hoping for the best.
I haven't went up there yet, trying to find an attorney that won't charge me more than the fee is worth. I maybe just show up with a friend and if they do decide to lock me up, I can at least post bail that same day. Originally Posted by Danielle Reid

Call a Bondmen and arrange a walk through. It will cost you the bond fee but you will be out in a few hours.
Call a Bondmen and arrange a walk through. It will cost you the bond fee but you will be out in a few hours. Originally Posted by want2c
No offense, but I think that's bad advice. When you pay a bail bondsman the fee (called a premium) to post a bail bond, you don't get the premium back. Bail bondsmen are by and large scumbags and will charge a client a premium that's near or equal to the bail (or EVEN MORE sometimes) if the client is a repeat offender or unsophisticated. The better approach is to post cash bail, which the defendant gets back once the case is disposed, minus a small fee to the county. A defendant will probably get out of jail faster by posting cash bail versus a bail bond, despite what a bail bondsman might claim.
  • canny
  • 02-28-2016, 12:19 PM
No offense, but I think that's bad advice. When you pay a bail bondsman the fee (called a premium) to post a bail bond, you don't get the premium back. Bail bondsmen are by and large scumbags and will charge a client a premium that's near or equal to the bail (or EVEN MORE sometimes) if the client is a repeat offender or unsophisticated. The better approach is to post cash bail, which the defendant gets back once the case is disposed, minus a small fee to the county. A defendant will probably get out of jail faster by posting cash bail versus a bail bond, despite what a bail bondsman might claim. Originally Posted by ShysterJon
That depends on the state. In Florida the premium that bail bondsmen charge is set by the state. I don't know about the rest of your statement though.
  • Noid
  • 03-03-2016, 06:06 AM
To edit jons' post... most lawyers are SCUM
I haven't went up there yet, trying to find an attorney that won't charge me more than the fee is worth. I maybe just show up with a friend and if they do decide to lock me up, I can at least post bail that same day. Originally Posted by Danielle Reid
you really should consult an attorney even if you do not hire them.

cause they know the laws and the possible outcomes and can atleast prepare you

you don't have to pay a fortune just for a 30 minute consultation. if you call up your local bar they have programs for consultations, where you can atleast talk to a lawyer about your issue and they can give you options from here. and it costs under 50 bucks usually .. then from there you can decide if you need to hire them or not