Fooood 👅

Best paces to eat in Memphis??? I’ll be here throughout the next week so give me plenty of options guys and gals!

Besides me
Best paces to eat in Memphis??? I’ll be here throughout the next week so give me plenty of options guys and gals! Originally Posted by JordnJenkins
Being the unimaginative sod I am, I'll just go with the standard answer... If you're in Memphis, you've got to try the barbecue.

You don't tell us the area you're staying in. My favorite barbecue joints here are either The Bar-B-Q Shop in Midtown (has something no other Memphis 'cue joint has: an endorsement from Nobel Prize Laureate Bob F'ing Dylan himself), and Central BBQ (several locations including one on Poplar Ave. in East Memphis (or is that west Germantown?)}. If you're out east (and you probably are), I'd be remiss if I didn't suggest you visit the Germantown Commissary.

If you're looking for other cuisines... I'm sure if my friend Dallas Rain is keeping tabs on the discussions here, she'll second my suggestion of the Commissary and pipe in recommending The Awesome That Is Gus's Fried Chicken (they've expanded nationally in recent years, but they got their start in West Tennessee)

Thers's a very small start. I'll let others get some words in edgewise now.

Cheers,

bcg
I’m a foodie by nature lol, so tell me the kind of food you want and I will give you a list of great places to eat.

But I agree with central bbq, it’s over all good bbq. But if Ribs are your thing rendezvous is the only place to go.

So just let me know how your tastebuds are leaning and I will do my best to point you in the right direction

Pearls oyster house- has some great food.

Bear
But if Ribs are your thing rendezvous is the only place to go. Originally Posted by bear612
Being contrarian as usual, but while The Rendezvous seems to have the reputation for great ribs, back when I was actively recommending them to friends and relatives visiting Memphis, every single one of them (no exceptions) were extremely unimpressed by their ribs. I stopped recommending the place after hearing all those criticisms. I think the problem may be that The Rendezvous's ribs are charcoal grilled vice slow smoked.

My go to for ribs now is The Bar-B-Q Shop, with Central an almost imperceptible second. Heard good things about Cozy Corner's ribs, but I am ashamed to admit that I still have to make it there (for the smoked Cornish game hen, too).

Cheers,

bcg
I’m craving Steak and seafood

And I have to try central. I’ve herd great things about them
Heard*
Did you find something good?
I have had all of the bbq I can stand lol. I'll be back Thursday and need good seafood and or a steak house. and go lol