President Trump picks Ohio's J.D. Vance as Vice-President

I expected him to pick a woman or a minority

Why pick someone who once bad mouthed you, criticized you and compared you to Nixon and Hitler ?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...vance-election
Lol on the pick
He picked a guy that hates his guts and knows what trumpf is.
... Ya know what we call that? .... WINNING! ...

JD Vance was the TOP Choice of the MAGA movement! ...

#### Salty
I looked up J.D. Vance on Wikipedia today and found the following:

In October 2016, he called Trump "reprehensible" in a post on Twitter,[112] and called himself a "never-Trump guy."[113] In a private message on Facebook he called Trump "America's Hitler"

It's amazing how time can change your perspective of someone.
liberals... late to the party as usual.... Originally Posted by texassapper
I am not liberal and I looked first and I didn't see that other thread when I posted this
I looked up J.D. Vance on Wikipedia today and found the following:

In October 2016, he called Trump "reprehensible" in a post on Twitter,[112] and called himself a "never-Trump guy."[113] In a private message on Facebook he called Trump "America's Hitler"

It's amazing how time can change your perspective of someone. Originally Posted by tttalinky
... At that time, Vance didn't fancy Trump getting the GOP nod.
But he's had a few years to change his-own opinion - and has!
Good for him.

#### Salty
I am not liberal and I looked first and I didn't see that other thread when I posted this Originally Posted by CG2014
... No worrys there, mate... We know YOU'RE not liberal.

JD Vance has a style like Trump, as does DeSantis and
a few others. ... I'm thinking that Burgum was close to
being the choice, and maybe Rubio had a outside chance,
but the MAGA choice was Vance.

Just me-own opinion and the educated opinion of me "Insiders".

### Salty
He has all the right enemies. Rove, Bill Kristol, Romney.. Yeah with those names hating you, he can't be all bad.
I am not liberal Originally Posted by CG2014
My apologies for the insult.
Hell after seeing this I have a chubby for Vance! Originally Posted by texassapper
?????
Democrats on the left are already pointing out that J.D. Vance was an anti-Trump guy. Vance actually called Donald Trump “America’s Hitler” and a “cynical asshole,” and said that any American would have to be an “idiot” to vote for him.

This guy is trumpfs pick. Trumpf went from Pence a religious fanatic to a far right nutjob in Vance. Lol
I think it is a rather interesting pick. The man came from nothing and became something. He is young. And he is a Midwest guy who has a unique self-story that should be received and appreciated well with the lower and middle class to gain favor... having just typed that, not sure how he really helps with suburban housewives and minorities.

I'm just curious to see how capable of being a complete liar that he'll have to be to successfully take back all of the bad things he said about his potential boss in the past.
I think it is a rather interesting pick. The man came from nothing and became something. He is young. And he is a Midwest guy who has a unique self-story that should be received and appreciated well with the lower and middle class to gain favor... having just typed that, not sure how he really helps with suburban housewives and minorities.

I'm just curious to see how capable of being a complete liar that he'll have to be to successfully take back all of the bad things he said about his potential boss in the past. Originally Posted by Lucas McCain
Also my opinion. Candidates for POTUS pick a running mate who will bring strength to the ticket in areas where the candidate needs help. Trump picked Vance because he won a Senate seat (barely) in a midwestern state and hopes he can garner more support in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania. His stance on abortion certainly won't win with suburban women. His position on other issues align fairly well with Trump.