Golf

Just wondering how many of the guys in here play golf? I guess this could go for the ladies too but I wouldn't guess there are many of them.

I play in various golf tournaments monthly and I play every sunday morning with my buddies but started thinking maybe a golf outing with some eccie guys might be fun.

Would any of you fellow golfers be up for a saturday morning golf outing somewhere central to everyone. Just a morning of golf and lunch afterwards.

Thoughts??
Man, I'm trying to unload some music gear right now and buy some golf gear.
I've never played golf, but have enjoyed watching PGA events for years.
I need to get a lesson or two, any suggestions on who to see? I swing a club like a baseball bat.
I can only do two hobbys at a time. This is one of them....
Actually I give lessons. I will be down at Clear Creek on Friday doing 5 lessons back to back for some guys. I have worked with people that have never played all the way to scratch golfers. Personally I have a 3 handicap and typically shoot around 74-76 any given day.
JF--Sounds interesting. Been working a lot but try to get out 1-3X's a week. WildCat and Clubs of Kingwood. Let me know. Hncp-8
I don't play, but my company is a PGA sponsor, so I get to go hang out at the tournies.
I wouldn't mind taking a few lessons. I have a few clubs I got at a pawn shop so nothing special. I think a golf outting amongst hobbyist would be fun.
  • bbkid
  • 11-08-2011, 07:51 AM
Actually I typically shoot around 74-76 any given day. Originally Posted by Jack Flash
Me too. On the back 9.
BB - Funny

EA - I usually do lessons on friday and saturday mornings if your interested.
  • Rezo
  • 11-08-2011, 09:11 AM
#10... A below par performance is considered damn good.

#9... You can stop in the middle and have a cheeseburger and a couple of beers.

#8... It's much easier to find the sweet spot.

#7... Foursomes are encouraged.

#6... You can still make money doing it as a senior.

#5... Three times a day is possible.

#4... Your partner doesn't hire a lawyer if you play with someone else.

#3... If you live in Florida, you can do it almost every day.

#2... You don't have to cuddle with your partner when you're finished.

And his NUMBER ONE reason
why golf is better than sex.....

#1... When your equipment gets old you can replace it!
I'm afraid I play like bbkid. I would just slow you guys down.
What are ya a clockwatcher or something lol.
Sounds like alot of fun, I would definitely be up for some golf and beer
JF,

Sounds like a great idea and I'd be definitely interested.

I play twice a week (Friday and Saturday mostly with the occassional Sunday round once or twice a month) and my current handicap is 8.

Keep me posted.
i played golf for a couple of months and i have trouble topping the dam ball with my irons
Stay down. Don't pick your head up. That is the first two issues with topping the ball