Some uncomfortable truths about Tebow

While a lot of people think Tebow is the next great thing you need to consider these facts.

In the last game Denver was 3-13 in 3rd down situations.

Tebow is completing less than 50% of his passes.

Over the last 4 games Denver has not scored a single point the first 3 quarters. All their scoring came in the 4th quarter in each game.

What this means is that against good teams the Denver defense will wear down from being on the field so much and by the time the last 3-4 minutes come around and Tebow comes to life the team will be so far behind that last minute drive will mean nothing.

The offense that Denver is now running with Tebow is such a slow moving, low scoring offense that it is extremely difficult for them to win if the other team scores more than 21 points.

While Tebow is a great guy Denver will never be more than 8-8 with him as QB. They will beat lesser teams but will fold against teams with an offense.
  • Trey
  • 11-26-2011, 01:33 PM
But but tebow is god.
*wipes drool off of bottom lip

How does he compare to elway's numbers when he was getting started? Ijs...
How does he compare to elway's numbers when he was getting started? Ijs... Originally Posted by Rubchasertx
Everyone knows Tebow's were better but all you have to do is go back to the Detroit game when the Lion players were openly ridiculing Denver.
I will be the first to admit that his throwing motion is hideous but its hard to argue with success. Right now he is a bad player on a bad team. This is a team that was losing with kyle orton at the helm aftet all. He is doing exactly what professional sports are all about. Putting butts in the seats. I really dont think he has a future as an elite qb but he does make things interesting.

The crazy part is that the afc west is so terrible that the broncos actually have a shot to make the playoffs.

Love him or hate him, you have to admit that there is something about him that inspires people around him.
But but tebow is god. Originally Posted by trey
No he's not...he's the son of god...baby jeebus reincarnated...
You just hate the guy because he's an unabashed Christian BigLouie.

I've been a big proponent of the pocket passer in the NFL and don't believe Tebow should've been taken in the first round. But I'm just shocked that the people who ooo'ed and aahhh'ed when Michael Vick came into the league with basically the same game aren't giving Tebow the same opportunity to develop. OK, No I'm not.

Wake up Wakeup, Kurt Warner is baby jeebsus reincarnated...and the better NFL QB.
  • Seedy
  • 11-26-2011, 08:56 PM
Here is my perspective on this and to be honest all pro sports players period. I don't think 99.99% of you people have ANY idea, how good you have to be just to make second or third team for that matter. No matter what sport, football, baseball, roundball, whatever. To say someone sucks and is on a pro team is not only foolish, it's flat fucking stupid. Are or were any of you good enough to play for JUST a "major" college team, or even play AA baseball? Yep, some are much better and talented than others, but that holds true in ANY profession. And I'm not just talking or referring to Tebow, in this, anyone who makes the pros is one talented sob, maybe some should keep that in perspective.

For instance, how good a football player do you have to be to start for LSU, Alabama, OU, or even this year UT. Or how good a baseball player do you have to be to play and start for Rice, USC, UT. How many of those boys will make the pros? Not many, and they are good ball players, much better than average. So to say anyone who makes the pros is no good just defies logic.
If your not carefull He'll smite you!
Seedy, completely agree with you that all pro ball players are more talented in their sports than the rest of us former hs al bundy type football players. But as consumers of the products that are the nfl, mlb, etc. doesn't that give us the right to rate a given player against his or her peers?

I don't like to admit it because I would love to see timmy succeed for a long time but I think looie's prediction of the team never being better than 8-8 with him as a starter is not too far off.
I played basketball with national junior college champs some years ago. Guys are incredible athletes at that level.
I say Tebow deserves a chance. He is determined to be great.
  • Seedy
  • 11-26-2011, 10:28 PM
Seedy, completely agree with you that all pro ball players are more talented in their sports than the rest of us former hs al bundy type football players. But as consumers of the products that are the nfl, mlb, etc. doesn't that give us the right to rate a given player against his or her peers?

I don't like to admit it because I would love to see timmy succeed for a long time but I think looie's prediction of the team never being better than 8-8 with him as a starter is not too far off. Originally Posted by Rubchasertx
I totally agree with what you say. That being said, I'm looking at it from a different perspective. I never said he was or will be Joe Montana, or Payton Manning. Guys like that are few and far between. I'm just sayin, if your good enough to make the pros, your one helluva ball player, at any position in any sport... take this for instance, there are hundreds of different kinds of let's say apples. Put one of each in a basket and sample them all. There will be a few that are head and shoulders better than the rest. That doesn't mean the other suck, just some are better. That's all I'm sayin.
You just hate the guy because he's an unabashed Christian BigLouie.

I've been a big proponent of the pocket passer in the NFL and don't believe Tebow should've been taken in the first round. But I'm just shocked that the people who ooo'ed and aahhh'ed when Michael Vick came into the league with basically the same game aren't giving Tebow the same opportunity to develop. OK, No I'm not.

Wake up Wakeup, Kurt Warner is baby jeebsus reincarnated...and the better NFL QB. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Ah spoken like someone who is truly sorry the Spanish Inquisition came to an end. That he is Christian does not bother me at all.

Did you see me mention Vick?

If you were ever played sports of any kind you will know that muscle memory is extremely difficult to change. Tebow has held the ball and thrown the same way his entire playing life. It is not possible to change it at this late stage because once you get into pressure situations the body and mind will revert to what it knows and is comfortable with. You can develop his understanding of the pro game but you cannot develop his physical motions.

The NFL is very good at figuring out an offense and defense. When the Wild Cat first came out it took everyone by surprise. Look what happened when Miami sprang it on New England the first time. Now you don't see it used very much as people know how to defend it. By now other teams have seen how to defend against Tebow. Even at it's most successful Tebow has not been able to score over 20 points except in the one game against Oakland. It is going to be the same story week after week. Denver's defense will wear down because their offense will go 3 and out for 3 quarters while the other team puts up points. They are lucky to have played some bad teams. They played Miami when they were really bad and struggling and had score 2 touchdowns in the last few minutes after scoring zero (0) in 58 minutes. Look what happened when they ran into a good team in the Lions. They lost by 30.

Tebow maybe a nice guy and a great Christian but his days as QB are limited.