Western Union - what info is shared?

I've got a friend in a jam and need some money wired. When you send money via Western Union what info does the receiver get about the sender? Does the receiver get your full name and address?

I know you can't be anonymous to send the money with Western Union. But I'd like to keep my privacy with the person I'm helping out.
Tell your friend to get a green dot visa card from CVS, walgreens, etc.. You can buy a refill pack there and just give him/her the number and the money is put in their account.
All anonymous, no ID required. simple and convenient, too.
you got mail...... If it is the one in Lufkin.....she texted me too!
Bet there is an interesting back story on this one....

LF
Unfortunately when I get involved there always seems to be some sort of story .... :-O
Bet there is an interesting back story on this one....

LF Originally Posted by LadiesFan
Of course!

Tell your friend to get a green dot visa card from CVS, walgreens, etc.. You can buy a refill pack there and just give him/her the number and the money is put in their account.
All anonymous, no ID required. simple and convenient, too. Originally Posted by cpi3000
Can you get CASH from the green dot card? She may very well need cash for something.

Of course, for some people, NOT being able to get cash could be a good thing, too.
Of course, for some people, NOT being able to get cash could be a good thing, too. Originally Posted by GneissGuy

Uh HUh.....

Make up whatever info you want to put as the sender on the Western Union form. It doesn't matter. You're handing the clerk cash. What business is it of theirs if your name is Bugs Bunny? They don't need to see your ID. Put your hobby phone number down if they need to contact you.
I don't know if this is still offered.

I remember back in 2007 (last time I used Western Union) a client asked me to travel and sent me money via Western Union.

When I received it. I only had to answer a question that he and I knew the answer to.

See if that works! Hope this helps!
  • ztonk
  • 06-13-2010, 05:06 PM
you got mail...... If it is the one in Lufkin.....she texted me too! Originally Posted by Whispers
Ha ha... make it at least 3!

Most people don't know this but you can send it anonymously. You have to create a secret question and answer. You can ONLY do this in the states, though.

I tried to send a friend money in this fashion when she wasn't in the states and it won't work. So get your secret question and answer together and go from there!

Good luck,
Elisabeth
Ha ha... make it at least 3!

Originally Posted by ztonk

I know of 1 other for 4.......

I know of 1 other for 4.......
Originally Posted by Whispers
Hmm, perhaps this should be moved to the "smartest provider" thread.
ahhhh... But she is not a provider.... just a stripper with "friendly" habits....