Lone Star Elite

What happened to Lone Star Elite? Are they still around? Their site is now down and they are not on P411 any longer. They always had a pretty nice stable of ladies. Just curious.
I used them fairly recently, and I got the feeling they were going downhill fast. They took weeks to respond to emails, didn't pick up the phone, etc. Absolutely shitty TCB when I used them. From what I've heard I was far from the only one with those complaints.

At least I got to see Darby before it was too late. She was well worth the headaches.
I wonder why someone as hot as her and someone that everyone (including me) has given rave reviews would stay with a service anyway. Her name is out there and if she took out an add as an indie she'd be an ATF of many here. I never saw anybody at LSE except her. But their site was screwed up anyway. I kept getting warnings of some kind from Time Warner. Maybe they are fixing that? Jay was "cool" when talking with him, but took me a few times to get hold of him as well.
I wonder why someone as hot as her and someone that everyone (including me) has given rave reviews would stay with a service anyway. Her name is out there and if she took out an add as an indie she'd be an ATF of many here. I never saw anybody at LSE except her. But their site was screwed up anyway. I kept getting warnings of some kind from Time Warner. Maybe they are fixing that? Jay was "cool" when talking with him, but took me a few times to get hold of him as well. Originally Posted by derek303
Some providers prefer to use an agency for schedueling/screening reasons.
Being an indy is more work and some do not want to deal with all the emails,
pm's, vm's, phone calls, arranging for incalls etc.
An ATF of mine started at an agency, went indy and then went back to an agency. It is much easier to scheduele with her now with the agency then when she was when she was indy.

About LSE, they have come and gone before. The first time they started they had a different group of ladies (no Darby). They were around for a while then disappeared. Showed back up months later with the latest group.

I have been trying to get a response to emails or texts/vm's for several weeks with no luck. I wonder what the story is. We'll see if they show back up.

Saw Darby twice. First time was truly fantastic, second time was not near as good, she went YMMV on me. I thought she was needing a break, maybe getting a bit burned out. Never saw any of their other gals, Darby was the only one I thought was worth the rate LSE charged.
I wonder why someone as hot as her and someone that everyone (including me) has given rave reviews would stay with a service anyway. Her name is out there and if she took out an add as an indie she'd be an ATF of many here. I never saw anybody at LSE except her. But their site was screwed up anyway. I kept getting warnings of some kind from Time Warner. Maybe they are fixing that? Jay was "cool" when talking with him, but took me a few times to get hold of him as well. Originally Posted by derek303
When I talked to her it sounded like she didn't know much about the indie scene and how things worked outside of agencies. Now that LSE seems to be going down the tubes she may just be a little research away from going indie if she wants to keep doing this. Someone like her should do really well as an indie.
  • ztonk
  • 06-16-2010, 07:17 AM
Someone like her should do really well as an indie. Originally Posted by blenderhead
Be careful what you wish for...

Not all ladies are good at the "business side" of things and that's where they falter when making the transaction from an agency to being independent. They underestimate the commitment necessary to successfully manage email responses, phone calls, screening, appointment scheduling and the like.

I don't know the lady in question, this opinion is solely based on historical information.