Different type of meet and greet idea

I know the past meetings have been kind of public, which is why I tend to avoid them. I was thinking about renting a private suite, or even something at a restaurant that has a private party room, and having it catered and possibly depending on cost an open bar.

Why? Well Chella here has a job offer out of state, and will be moving in May. I still plan on creating the network, etc., but since my happy ass wont be here anymore I could care less whom I meet now. I always worried about crossing paths through work and just didnt want to take the risk.

Also, Im a bit more friendly as far as whom I let in. I dont care if your an ass on the board, Im not clicky, Ill let you come(no pun)as long as the screening checks out. That goes for anyone who in the past hates me lol, let it go and come get drunk with me. Give me vodka and see how nice I can be haha. Its a celebration for me, since the past 2 years of my life has been a living hell here in this area for personal reasons, I am just ready to let loose!

So who wants to party? Any ideas of a place? Hit me up on email--my box here is full. I am thinking the last week of april after my home is packed up, then Ill be free.

chellaohchella@yahoo.com
Wow!! is all I can say...
Dont know if that is a good wow or not. You probably arent familiar with my personality.

Its a going away party, lets just get crazy party...and have a blast, for everyone.

Im in a super great mood and extremely happy, and want to share with a group of people Ive come to know in a unique way over the past few years

Thats all hun
Awesome!!! I love parties.
WTF..ITS LIKE WATCHING A FISH GASP ITS LAST BREATHE... aww..sad fishy.. pool gets nastyn that huh boo...lol xo annie
Looking for a place on the North or South Shore?
Dunno Turbo, I guess I should do a poll or something to see which would be more popular and/or convenient. Theres several guys and ladies up here, and also on the southshore. Too bad there isnt an island hotel in the middle of the lake.
  • lat
  • 01-16-2014, 09:34 AM
Looking for a place on the North or South Shore? Originally Posted by turbo-dog
Well Northshore would be deff nice closer to me if you could find a place ?
Hey Lat

Me too, Im not very familiar with the southshore, and I know a few places up here. I guess I could do a poll, but I have no idea how to set up one of those. Ill get Flora to help me. I have plenty of time, its a few months away.

Thanks for the input

xoxo
I would be interested in attending on the Northshore or Baton Rouge.

Ive always had the intent to show up at one but time/date always have to coincide perfectly with my schedule when Nola is the host city. Anything over on this side will make things a lot less complicated for me personally.

I'll stay tuned in....
So far the Northshore seems to be the place of choice. How many southshore guys will travel north? I mean its free food, private, and depending on the cost maybe an open bar...
renting any "public" place for a private party, is tricky. If you have a gathering over X people - you have to provide POLICE etc.

ALL rental halls WILL have employees on site that WILL monitor activities.

If you are looking for a swinging party - look for a willing person to make his barn available in the country ( a nice, barn???) or a warehouse or whatever.

Figure out what your RULES will be - and how you will enforce them.

We here engage in certain activities - the purpose of the board. Others do other not legal activities which some may or may not want to be around.

Keep the location safe - inform only "registered guests".

All that said - sounds like a BLAST - I hope you can pull this off.
And my only reason for a private place versus a bar is that too many others can come and go, you never know who is who. With this party, and yeh Im sure the employees will be around, at least it is more closed off. I dont think Ill need police--I was planning a wedding of 100 guests here at a place and it wasnt required, and hell, its not like we are going to discuss details too much are we? I think most here are pretty smart about keeping it hush hush, not getting drunk and yelling out, then again, who knows haha.

Ive been to a few private parties up here with a few high profile peeps, and the stuff they did was overlooked by the owners. And the employees didnt hang out with us, only to bring in drinks. If the northshore is a popular choice then I do know a place that rocks.

Oh and as far as illegal activities, not allowed, none of any kind. Alcohol only, anything else is NOT COOL.
Chella you know me, I'm up for it as long as we do it the right way. I'm still upset I didn't get to make the last m&g. I still can't believe you are leaving! :-(
Im sure we will keep in touch. You know this town just isnt big enough...

And I think we can do this right, I want it to be memorable, after all I heard Im a mudda frickin' legend lmao, what a disappointment it would be if I throw a shitty party. People need to see the real me, not a board persona. But please do not let me drink too much and do something stupid which you know first hand I have been known to do haha.