Favorite video game or series.

Since I noticed some of you have avatar's related to video games I figured I'd ask what game was your favorite. I know there's some gaming geeks out there. I don't play anymore about 2 years ago I had a pimped out(forgive the expression) xbox360 then sold it all to focus on other matters in my life. But my favorite series was "The elder scrolls" followed closely by the Resident Evil series. How about ya'll?
  • Paven
  • 04-01-2011, 12:04 PM
Well I am old school. I love arcade Centipede and Millipede, I need to find those games here in Austin.

I'm a TOOL fan too by the way .
Well if were talking 70's-80's coin-op I'd say my fav is Galaga sans the governor ie how fast you can shoot vs. how fast you can tap the button. Glad to meet a fellow TOOL fan.
I was just thinking about how great the Ultima VII games were. And the Baldur's Gate series. I'd love to be able to clear my mind of all memory of them, so I could enjoy them again for the first time.

Many good books I'd like to be able to do that with, too.
I'm not a console gamer, always been a PC gamer. My favorite games are strategy games like Empire Earth and Starcraft.
  • Paven
  • 04-01-2011, 12:47 PM
I've only had one home video game console the Wii and I really like the 100 pin bowling.

Galaga, I wonder if there is a home for old school arcade games that still work? That would be a jackpot find!
Galaga has been redone on most systems including the WII. It might be under Namco classics. If your looking for an actual arcade style game, that would be a rare gem.
Civ junkie...
my favorite video game series is

Doom

followed by Resident Evil and Mortal Kombat
  • Mokoa
  • 04-01-2011, 06:03 PM
Well I am old school. I love arcade Centipede and Millipede, I need to find those games here in Austin.

I'm a TOOL fan too by the way . Originally Posted by Paven
You need to check out this place.

Grand Old Games

It contains a lot of the old school games and the version on this site will run in Windows.
The "Elder scrolls" series, more specifically morrowind and Oblivion were awesome. Think WOW but without the online interaction. No drama, no rolling for gear. Huge world map it takes hours to traverse. Played those so much I'm a walking GPS for those games. But for PC I was really into counterstrike. Belonged to a clan and everything. Halo series is also easily top 5. I pwned. Yeah I said that.
I loved Morrowind. Oblivion was good too, but didn't have the same sense of scale that Morrowind had. Skyrim (the upcoming title) looks to be good too. I'm enjoying Fallout 3 GOTY Edition right now, and have many more hours to go. But if I had to choose one series, it would have to be the Final Fantasy franchise. 4 and 7 were probably my favorites of all time.
  • Paven
  • 04-01-2011, 10:13 PM
You need to check out this place.

Grand Old Games

It contains a lot of the old school games and the version on this site will run in Windows. Originally Posted by Mokoa
The Castlevania series from Symphony of the Night to Order of Ecclasia