Cash or Credit?

I can now accept credit cards on my iPhone. I can swipe a card with this small card reader they sent me or manually type it in for a slightly higher percentage.

I guess the thing that would worry me would be someone that might dispute the charge, then the company can debit my bank account.

Ladies, just think of the possibilities of how much more money you could have made if you were taking credit cards on your cell phone.

Does any other independent providers here take credit cards?
Always cash ..Never credit card mainly because it creates a client list for the bank and/or anyone that wants to subpoena the records.

The closest thing to a credit card I will accept is a GD refill card...
I think there's a middle ground here. For well established regulars I see more of an upside.

Maybe I'm naiive, but I rarely think of indies as being in danger of indictment for anything that would involve a subpoena for bank records. What prosecutor has the time to do that? Maybe they'd go after an agency running a dozen or so girls, but an indy?

The major issue for me is keeping my hobby expenses hidden from my SO, and that's easier to do when you don't have to get cash at the ATM from a joint checking account. A credit card is one good way to do that.

You can, with some planning, accomplish the same thing with pre-paid cards. A $100 card purchased at HEB or Randall's will cost about $106. I buy groceries too, so my SO is unlikely to question a charge at HEB for $109.56 (donation card + a loaf of bread) made a month ago.
depends also on how the credit card charge would appear on the statement....
What about paypal? How do guys feel about that?
What about paypal? How do guys feel about that? Originally Posted by Maci Lynn
PayPal is pretty picky about TOS and if they think, or get wind of your use for that, they KEEP your $$.. Just FYI
@macilynn I love Paypal!! That's really the solution if a provider can wait two days for the cash. I've been know to pay some via paypal, some via cash so everyone is happy.

Chasequick pay (for guys with Chase accounts) is much faster/better/cheaper option plus you don't have to pay the nasty paypal fees..

Getting a sense I've been there, done that?
The way Square service is done, even on a hobby phone, it's connected to your account. So that links the card I use with my name on it to an online charge service linked to provider's name on it. Not really the kind of paper trail I want around. I have no problems pulling cash when I need it so definitely prefer cash.
I got the Square service.
  • FSCOB
  • 01-28-2011, 07:50 PM
How about the honor system? Works for me!!
I got the Square service. Originally Posted by AidanRedd
Right, the little gadget to convert magnetic strip info to audio input that makes it near universal for phones as well as the software is trademarked by Square. They are about the only game in town for it.

That said, it's no different from any other CC service. I'm not leaving that paper trail around.
I've used my credit card to purchase gift cards that I then hand over to the provider. If I'm a known customer the provider will trust that the gift card is activated.
I do have the pay pal option on my site...but Ive only used it maybe twice..doesn't seem to popular.

PayPal is pretty picky about TOS and if they think, or get wind of your use for that, they KEEP your $$.. Just FYI Originally Posted by nuglet

TOS? I did not know this,essplain lucy,essplain....
TOS.. = Terms Of Service. A couple of years ago, they took down a few Pay For Play sites, and Adults sites/clubs, and under their terms (which you agree to when you join) and then they kept all $$ that was in the accounts. Just make sure that IN NO WAY your situation can lead them to believe it's "adult". It typically would cost more to fight them, than just walk away and lose the $$. When I had The Jungle, we had an option to pre-pay for attendance at our website and we walked a very fine line and never had a problem, but I know of others that were not so fortunate, or careful and lost a good bit of $$$.
wow. really?
thanks for the heads up