Republicans now appear to prefer DeSantis to Trump

• Tiny
  • 12-13-2022, 11:54 AM
Here are results from a USA Today / Suffolk University poll,

Republican support for Donald Trump's presidential bid in 2024 has cratered, an exclusive USA TODAY/Suffolk University Poll finds, as the former president is beleaguered by midterm losses and courtroom setbacks.

By 2-1, GOP and GOP-leaning voters now say they want Trump's policies but a different standard-bearer to carry them. While 31% want the former president to run, 61% prefer some other Republican nominee who would continue the policies Trump has pursued.

They have a name in mind: Two-thirds of Republicans and those inclined to vote Republican want Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis to run for president. By double digits, 56% to 33%, they prefer DeSantis over Trump.

"Republicans and conservative independents increasingly want Trumpism without Trump," said David Paleologos, director of the Suffolk University Political Research Center.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...l/10882346002/

DeSantis would not be one of my top picks, but he'd be a much stronger general election candidate than Trump.

Note from the link that Trump loses in a hypothetical match up with Biden by 7 percentage points. DeSantis wins by 4%. And the two other polls out there, also conducted by USA Today/Suffolk, both show DeSantis beating Biden by 8%:

https://www1.realclearpolitics.com/e...iden-7558.html
  • WTF
  • 12-13-2022, 02:46 PM
But will Trump blow up DeSantis chance at the WH like he blew up Mitch's chance to win the majority in the Senate....TWICE
It is about policy, Trump and Desantis close to same policy. Desantis presents better.
  • WTF
  • 12-13-2022, 04:04 PM
One acts like an asshole and the other actually is
  • Tiny
  • 12-13-2022, 04:24 PM
But will Trump blow up DeSantis chance at the WH like he blew up Mitch's chance to win the majority in the Senate....TWICE Originally Posted by WTF
It's possible. He could do a Kyrsten Sinema -- either run or threaten to run as an independent or third party candidate.
Doesn't matter they both have the same policies If anyone thinks Fake News won't launch an attack campaign on DeSantis if he wins nomination is delusional
One acts like an asshole and the other actually is Originally Posted by WTF

DeSantis dumping illegals on Martha's Vineyard only to have them shitcan them to a military base within 48 hours was an asshole move. to the radical left. because radical assholes like the far left don't like their assholes exposed.

brilliant!

BAAHHAAA
TWK, that was hardly a brilliant move. It was a waste of money to even send them there and he knew that. Tax paying people don't pay taxes for that publicity stunt/bullshit. All it did was show people that he is capable of being just as childish as Trump when he feels like it is time to be a goofball.

Anyway, I am sure DeSantis is smart enough to know that now is the time to distance himself from the kiss of death named Donald Trump.

Yep.
TWK, that was hardly a brilliant move. It was a waste of money to even send them there and he knew that. Tax paying people don't pay taxes for that publicity stunt/bullshit. All it did was show people that he is capable of being just as childish as Trump when he feels like it is time to be a goofball.

Anyway, I am sure DeSantis is smart enough to know that now is the time to distance himself from the kiss of death named Donald Trump. Originally Posted by Lucas McCain

it was a brilliant move. look at the outrage by the left, forcing the media to actually cover the mass illegal migration being allowed into the US.

speaking of tax paying people, how much in tax are those 5 MILLION illegals going to cost?
  • Tiny
  • 12-13-2022, 09:58 PM
TWK, that was hardly a brilliant move. Originally Posted by Lucas McCain
it was a brilliant move. look at the outrage by the left, forcing the media to actually cover the mass illegal migration being allowed into the US. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
You're both right! A Florida governor traveling to South Texas to round up some immigrants fly them to Martha's Vineyard isn't a particularly good use of taxpayer money.

But on the other hand, it catapulted DeSantis to become Trump's number one challenger.
TWK, I'm just saying it was a lame ass publicity stunt. That's weak sauce. A brilliant move is one that actually produces results. Last time I checked, Nicaraguan and Mexican immigrants are skipping all the way to El Paso with glee. If DeSantis was smart, he should have sent them to Beto's house.

As far as how much they will cost in tax dollars; probably a lot less than what it costs to pay for welfare for the broke ass Trumpettes.

And just for the record, I really don't give a shit who gets elected in 2024 as long as it is neither Biden nor Trump. They both need to disappear to anonymity IMO.
TWK, I'm just saying it was a lame ass publicity stunt. That's weak sauce. A brilliant move is one that actually produces results. Last time I checked, Nicaraguan and Mexican immigrants are skipping all the way to El Paso with glee. If DeSantis was smart, he should have sent them to Beto's house. Haha Originally Posted by Lucas McCain

is 5 MILLION illegals knowingly allowed in by Biden a publicity stunt?

wait till title 42 expires in a few days ... 10 MILLION more in the next two years till we get that bum Biden out of the White House and into a nursing home.

this wouldn't be happening if the media and big tech hadn't stolen the election for Biden.

You're both right! A Florida governor traveling to South Texas to round up some immigrants fly them to Martha's Vineyard isn't a particularly good use of taxpayer money.

But on the other hand, it catapulted DeSantis to become Trump's number one challenger. Originally Posted by Tiny

DeSantis 2024!
I have always "preferred" a different Republican to President Trump. In 2016 I voted for the (now forgotten) libertarian in the Texas primary.

In 2020, I voted for Senator Ted Cruze in the Texas primary.

In between, I was less a "Trump supporter" but supporter his policies and positions. . .I still am.

The current administration is now beginning to recognize that there is as problem at the southern border. They now want some huge amount of money to take care of what they view as that problem. But during the previous administration, the influx of illegal migrant aliens was being mitigated with internal immigration policy and external agreements with foreign governments.
Wow, perfect example of your hatred of people rather than policy
  • WTF
  • 12-14-2022, 09:23 AM
it was a brilliant move. look at the outrage by the left, forcing the media to actually cover the mass illegal migration being allowed into the US.

speaking of tax paying people, how much in tax are those 5 MILLION illegals going to cost? Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
You need to quit bitching about inflation if you continue to support the restrictions the importation of labor to this country!