New Orleans - anyone been?

I'm on track to win a trip to New Orleans in mid September. I hear the place is awesome.
Anyone been?
I'm looking forward to the food, drink and ghosts. I hear it's a pretty haunted place.
Thank you! Awesome links. I can't wait to go.
I think about the movie Interview With A Vampire when I think of N'Orleans.
lol It is a cool city....I came here from Texas four years ago and decided to move here permanantly! There are other areas that are just as cool to visit....Magazine Street has a bevy of bars/shopping and restaurants with a unique flair.

there is also some great history at the WW2 museum

have fun and touch base so we can see if you had fun!
I haven't yet been, but I'm going soon I was told that Fritzel's Jazz Club is the only club on Bourbon St worth going to if you're into le jazz haute... I fully intend on going in for a listen, but I'd love more recommendation for restaurants ~Mme X~
I picture this city as a big party with restaurants, bars, and music and entertainment every where you look, or walk.
I do like jazz for a change every now and then, and will get my fill for sure. Best part, it's the very end of August so the weather will be great!!
I picture this city as a big party with restaurants, bars, and music and entertainment every where you look, or walk.
I do like jazz for a change every now and then, and will get my fill for sure. Best part, it's the very end of August so the weather will be great!! Originally Posted by Frank Pierce

Google images helps
great restaurants....Deanies Seafood/Acme Oyster House/Draggos {best chargroiled oysters}/Mothers/Coop's Place {rabbit jambalaya}/and quite a few others....check YELP

Also don't forget Magazine Street area.....Salu's is a great European Bistro,and great shops there too

August is good fun if its late August....take walking shoes {NO heels...lol}......cool clothing.......and watch for pickpockets

Holler at me,I might be there then!!!
Holler at me,I might be there then!!! Originally Posted by DallasRain

Thanks for the invite but, I'm bringing a lady with me so I won't be looking to "hobby."
Thanks for the invite but, I'm bringing a lady with me so I won't be looking to "hobby." Originally Posted by Frank Pierce
Sooooo probably shouldn't post on a hobby board... ??!
.. Originally Posted by Frank Pierce
Touche
(think I spelled that wrong lol)
well yall have fun in Nola!
Try Collettes swingers club!
MadameX - respectfully, Bourbon Street is not where you want to be for music. Frenchman Street is where its at. Bourbon Street is a tourist trap. Hope you have fun!
M