Inspection sticker

Ok, got 3 cars and one is a 99 Ford. It's the extra car and I need to get it inspected however it has some check engine light issues. I've gotten 2 tickets from Barney Fife and really want to get a inspection sticker. Anyone know a place that may be willing to look the other way and help a guy out? Would be willing to tip. PM me if you know someone. Thanks.
I hate to say it but typically the check engine lights are on for a reason.

The last time you tried to have it inspected, what did the test say?

There are some very easy and cheap fixes but it could be something as simple as needed a wire replaced from an O2 sensor.

Go to an auto parts store and ask them to tell you the error codes.

I've heard that the new inspection sticker data is sent to the state so the moment a cop is behind you and the autoscan picks up your plate they would know it didn't pass.

But if you insist on continuing to pollute the air, I'm sure that some of the shops in the less reputable places like some parts of Garland might be willing to commit a crime for a few bucks....“The legislature made the law for a reason and we prosecute these laws to the fullest extent,” said assistant district attorney Rachel Ann Palmer. “In Texas it is a Class B misdemeanor to have a fictitious or counterfeit inspection sticker on your vehicle.”

That Class B misdemeanor is punishable by up to six months in jail and a fine of up to $2,000.

Every day, people who break this law are summoned downtown to face a judge. Joseph Calvin Francois allegedly attached an inspection sticker that was actually issued to another vehicle to his car.

More than half of the inspection sticker violators 11 News found in Harris County were to undocumented workers. All of the offenders are likely driving our streets with unsafe vehicles and no insurance.

Drivers without proper state inspections can ruin your day in an instant if they happen to run into you.
But if you insist on continuing to pollute the air, I'm sure that some of the shops in the less reputable places like some parts of Garland might be willing to commit a crime for a few bucks....“The legislature made the law for a reason and we prosecute these laws to the fullest extent,” said assistant district attorney Rachel Ann Palmer. “In Texas it is a Class B misdemeanor to have a fictitious or counterfeit inspection sticker on your vehicle.”

That Class B misdemeanor is punishable by up to six months in jail and a fine of up to $2,000.

Every day, people who break this law are summoned downtown to face a judge. Joseph Calvin Francois allegedly attached an inspection sticker that was actually issued to another vehicle to his car.

More than half of the inspection sticker violators 11 News found in Harris County were to undocumented workers. All of the offenders are likely driving our streets with unsafe vehicles and no insurance.

Drivers without proper state inspections can ruin your day in an instant if they happen to run into you. Originally Posted by LazurusLong
while I agree with your position, maybe this isn't the right place to preach to others about obeying the law. ;-)

That being said, to the OP, if you've got the Bennies to toss at the poon, stop being a dick and get the friggin smog machine up to code.
Just curious have you tried resetting the cars computer. Sometimes that fixes check engine light
while I agree with your position, maybe this isn't the right place to preach to others about obeying the law. ;-)

That being said, to the OP, if you've got the Bennies to toss at the poon, stop being a dick and get the friggin smog machine up to code. Originally Posted by Bad_Mojo
I disagree. The laws against prostitution create a victimless crime. Polluting our already over polluted air is not a victimless crime. Get it fixed.
  • BLM69
  • 04-13-2014, 03:36 PM
What code is coming up?
  • motor
  • 04-13-2014, 04:22 PM
yea, wait until a guys runs into your car with a fake inspection sticker and no insurance. The you can file an unisured motorist claim and get it broke off in your ass for some stupid fuck who was too cheap to fix his fucking car. I hope i never see that fucker again
Just curious have you tried resetting the cars computer. Sometimes that fixes check engine light Originally Posted by Ravasher
Bad idea to start with at least. Go to autozone and have them run the OBDII diagnostic for free. You should get a Pxxxx code that will have a name and brief description of the code. You can google the code with your year make model and see what common issues happen with your vehicle and possible solutions. Take everything you read on the internet with a grain of salt. Just because one car had the same code and they did xyz to fix it does not necessarily mean doing xyz will repair your car also.

Resetting the computer will delay the process of getting the car inspected, it will only turn off the check engine light. The state inspection machines measure the "readiness status" of 12 different areas of the car's emission system, meaning has the car had time to measure all the areas that it needs to measure to determine if there is a problem. If the car has more than 1 area that it has not had time to measure if it good or bad, the car will fail the inspection by default. The only way to reset the readiness status is to drive the car, usually between 50-150 miles of normal everyday driving.

With that being said, a car can be "clear scanned" through the state inspection computers by a state inspector. That means hooking the OBDII cord to a good car and documenting in the computer the bad car. This can easily be detected by the state when the DPS does it's audits of the inspection station, but the station and inspector carry all the legal liability for the illegal inspection. The sticker they put on your windshield will be a valid sticker and will show as valid when LE runs your plates. WORST OPTION TO USE.

Alternatively, drive up to the Sherman area up 75 in Grayson county. Take your registration sticker off your car (it can be reapplied). Disconnect your battery cables and reset the on board computer. Go to an inspection station and ask for an inspection and VI30 form, also known as a "green sheet" to register the car. If they ask, they won't, but if they do say you live somewhere in Grayson county, just have a fake address ready to tell them. Grayson is a safety inspection only county that does not do emission testing. NOT BEST OPTION.

BEST OPTION. Follow the advice of most and have the vehicle repaired properly. The check engine light being on does not mean your car is giving off bad exhaust or not operating as efficiently as it should in all cases, it could just a simple sensor that measures if there is an issue that is faulty and making the light come on. BEST OPTION.

Good luck, PM if you need any help.
Ok, got 3 cars and one is a 99 Ford. It's the extra car and I need to get it inspected however it has some check engine light issues. I've gotten 2 tickets from Barney Fife and really want to get a inspection sticker. Anyone know a place that may be willing to look the other way and help a guy out? Would be willing to tip. PM me if you know someone. Thanks. Originally Posted by Bigbuck123
I'll help you out - junk that POS!
there are some places in garland that might help, but they need to know you or someone you're with.