140th Kentucky Derby Saturday May 3rd Who's Your Pick ?

Ladies and Gents, first Saturday in May time, I'll be heading to Lone Star park to place a few wagers, this year seems like a real challenge. Anyhow who do you like to win the Derby ? Should be a nice day, hopefully lots of eye candy with the ladies out at Lone Star.
I've got to get up to speed on the contenders. Any interesting stories about any of the horses this year? Any of them with Triple Crown potential?
I've got to get up to speed on the contenders. Any interesting stories about any of the horses this year? Any of them with Triple Crown potential? Originally Posted by TheWanderer
Not than I can tell, it seems like not many good horses in the field. California Chrome, looks good, but I don't know if he has really been tested yet. I would like to see a horse win the triple crown, but in today's environment I think it's a longshot.
Cali Chrome is a really nice horse but he is the favorite. Take Danza for a better price
Ladies and Gents, first Saturday in May time, I'll be heading to Lone Star park to place a few wagers, this year seems like a real challenge. Anyhow who do you like to win the Derby ? Should be a nice day, hopefully lots of eye candy with the ladies out at Lone Star. Originally Posted by cubsoxbull
I'll take the tall, black Philly on the bottom right.. in the black hat..

if she wins, I'll belt out several verses of "my old Kentucky home"..
I'll take the tall, black Philly on the bottom right.. in the black hat..

if she wins, I'll belt out several verses of "my old Kentucky home".. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
Chung
Cali chrome gonna be tough to beat ..... I'm going long shot to make some money.... Ride on Curlin a cross the board!!!! And I'll be out there at Lone Star as well.
Ladies and Gents, first Saturday in May time, I'll be heading to Lone Star park to place a few wagers, this year seems like a real challenge. Anyhow who do you like to win the Derby ? Should be a nice day, hopefully lots of eye candy with the ladies out at Lone Star. Originally Posted by cubsoxbull

I'll be there too! I wsa at the Arkansas Derby and Ride on Curlin' was coming late, and has the pedigree to get the extra 1/8 miles all of them will run for the first time. California Chrome is a nice horse, but at such low odds you have to try and beat him.

Danza ran a race in Arkansas where he got a perfect rail trip and took advantage of it to run the race of his life at 41-1. I do not see that happening again. Wicked Strong will also be a part of my exotic wagers, as well as Hoppertunity.
Here's the field for the Derby.
Here's the field for the Derby. Originally Posted by cubsoxbull
Two of my favs got screwed on post, Wicked Strong and Ride on Curlin'...damnit
Hoppertunity scratched from Kentucky Derby
Good Thread!

Derby Day is a great day for eye candy 'bout any track. You get the simulcast & all.

Dating myself a tad here but I was a youngster at the time - saw Secretariat win the derby way back when and the stands were full of Celebes and hot looking babes - freakishly huge horse!
California Chrome looks like a deserving favorite. Can't say that I'm sold on any of the other horses in the field. If somebody put a gun to my head and make me take a stab on a longshot, I guess it might take Vicar's In Trouble or Danza. Not terribly impressed by either.
Well here's my Exacta picks $1.00 box ( 3,4,5,12,14,18) $30.00 bet

I don't like betting the favorite, but hopefully can get a nice price in 2nd.
$5.00 Exacta 5/ 3,4,12,14,18 $25.00 bet

My hunch play $5.00 Exacta 12/ 3,4,5,14,18 And $10.00 win and $25.00 place.

Good luck to everyone !!!