Question for the geeks........

Hey there guys! Hope everyone is having a great start to your weekend so far!

I'm up later tonight than usual, piddling around with my new Macbook.. Needless to say I LOVE IT!!! .. Except I can't figure out if I will be able to get into chat on this computer or not..

I have used search on here.. Saw there were different opinions on whether Flash will work at all on Mac products.. It seems like it may work on iPads and iPhones but I have yet to see anything about if it is compatible with MacBooks.

Anyone have any info?? Let me know, hobby geeks and girls!! I appreciate your taking the time to read this!!

XOXO Savannah
Tha would be a negative in Mac mode. You will need to run a windows session, make sure you have adobe flash installed in your virtual windows machine, and then you can chat.

Hope that helps.

Feel free to send me a taint pic.
Sighhh I figured I would be SOL with chat (I seriously have no idea how to run in windows mode lol) but I still have another computer I can use to get on chat for now.. Thanks for the feedback / help
I don't use the default browser (Safari) on my Mac, but Chrome & Firefox (if anyone still uses it) will run chat just fine
I don't use the default browser (Safari) on my Mac, but Chrome & Firefox (if anyone still uses it) will run chat just fine Originally Posted by Dorian Gray
On a Mac? Apples position was that Flash was outdated and security riddled and they would not support it on their Operating Systems. Has that changed?
  • modus
  • 05-24-2014, 02:23 AM
Install chrome or Firefox it will work fine. I use chrome on my Mac.
Hey there guys! Hope everyone is having a great start to your weekend so far!

I'm up later tonight than usual, piddling around with my new Macbook.. Needless to say I LOVE IT!!! .. Except I can't figure out if I will be able to get into chat on this computer or not..

I have used search on here.. Saw there were different opinions on whether Flash will work at all on Mac products.. It seems like it may work on iPads and iPhones but I have yet to see anything about if it is compatible with MacBooks.

Anyone have any info?? Let me know, hobby geeks and girls!! I appreciate your taking the time to read this!!

XOXO Savannah Originally Posted by sweet.treat69
I installed flash just fine on my Mac and I use safari when I log on and able to chat on this site just fine.
Install chrome or Firefox it will work fine. I use chrome on my Mac. Originally Posted by modus
I use chrome (incognito) on my Mac and EVERYTHING works the same
I get in just fine on my mac using safari..
Same here Mojo… I use safari and it works just fine.
Flash works on all Macs & Mac browsers. You may have to install it and install the plugin for whichever browser you use. Go to www.adobe.com

iPhones & iPads do not support Flash.
well fuck me. what do I know? My info must be outdated.

I do apologize if I gave bad info on that one.
I tried to install adobe flash with no success.. It stopped 50% into the download and said I need to close safari. To my knowledge I already closed all the windows so I didn't know what else to do after that didn't work lol
I was going to suggest using Chrome as well. Not sure about the latest version of Apple OS X but I have tried this on previous with no issue.
Sweet,

Even though you closed the window in a mac that doesn't necessarily mean the program is shut down like in windows. Look at the dock with the safari icon, if there is a white line under it the program is still open. You can close it a couple of ways:
1. control touchpad which will bring up the menu and you can choose to quit.
2. go to applications then utilities and open activity monitor find the process safari, highlight then click the grey X in the top left
3. depress command and tab which will allow you to tab thru open programs, stop when safari is highlighted. In the status bar on top to the right of the apple icon you should see safari then you can click on that to open the menu to quit or do command q