Texas Cities To Tour?

Hello There Mister Gentlemen's and Madam Ladies,

Miss EDS is seriously considering touring several Texas cities and has even mapped such out. However, never having toured Texas (with exception, of El Paso and Odessa/Midland), which cities are best to tour? Cities to stay away from? Cities to add? When is best time to do the TX Tour? Etc.? Here is a list of Miss EDS mapped out plan. Your input is greatly appreciated! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Okay...so the driving tour will begin in Albuquerque, NM. From ABQ, here is the plan....

Amarillo, TX
Wichita Falls, TX
Irving, TX
Waco, TX
Austin, TX
Houston, TX
Corpus Christi, TX
San Antonio, TX
Abilene, TX
San Angelo, TX
Odessa/Midland, TX
Lubbock, TX
El Paso, TX

And then of course, return to home base in Albuquerque, NM
I do great in Austin---also fun to hang out on 6th street!
West texas is awesome for biz!
Waco & College Station are great!
El Paso is good...but you get alot of last minute

good luck & have fun!!!
Sounds like a great plan Miss EDS! If you actually hit those smaller WTX cities I think there will be some happy gentlemen out there.

One thing, from everything I have read, Irving is one place in the DFW Metroplex you want to stay far away from. Arlington too. Lots of LE activity. I'm sure one of our DFW locals can chime in with any updated advice.
Thanks and based upon advice that has been given here and elsewhere, Miss EDS will scratch off Irving, TX and will add Fort Worth and Dallas, TX.

Miss EDS also will add Beaumont, TX!
  • jwood
  • 10-15-2010, 08:13 AM
From Dallas get on I-20 and go to Tyler, then Shreveport, then Houston.
Where's, Tyler?

Shreveport is in Louisiana...knew that one, anyways...lol (Damn we Americans suck at Geography..lol)
  • Mokoa
  • 10-15-2010, 09:52 PM
Tyler is in northeast Texas.

It is just south of the halfway point of IH 20 between Dallas and Shreveport.