Please don't take advantage of my reviews

This is really directed at the guys, but I wanted to hear relevant stories from the ladies, if there are any...

I got a call from a lady who told me that she was contacted by some hardlegs claiming that her menu offered all sorts of things which are (1) not on her menu, (2) was not listed in the "activities" section of my review, and (3) not mentioned in the ROS of my review (which is the part of the review she can't see)

So, I'm guessing that guys with ROS access are claiming information - because she can't verify it - and hoping that she will magically change her menu as a result. That's CL behavior, IMO.

I don't want to write reviews if folks in this community are gonna misrepresent me.
CJ, sorry that happened to you. If your reading a certain thread in the locker room there are some real winers around here. Did the lady mention names to you? I'd even offer to print the review out and fax it to her or e-mail it or whatever. I guess anybody could call up and stir some crap that way. I'm glad she came and told you.
Gasp! I agree totally. some of us try our best to provide excruciating detail in our reviews not only to relive that moment, but to provide useful information to the guys. NONE of this in ROS better ever get out to the providers! Even the reviewer himself is not allowed to share the exact content of ROS with any provider.

In any case, if menu items engaged in are not listed in header section under the activities (which the providers can see), THEY DID NOT OCCUR, except in the reviewer's fantasy. The providers should report the offenders' eccie handles in to the mods if they are claiming to relay information in the ROS to them, since that is an absolute NO NO.

You guys may be able to do without my reviews, but what will you do if CityJazz quits writing his reviews???
CJ, sorry that happened to you. If your reading a certain thread in the locker room there are some real winers around here. Did the lady mention names to you? I'd even offer to print the review out and fax it to her or e-mail it or whatever. I guess anybody could call up and stir some crap that way. I'm glad she came and told you. Originally Posted by derek303
I think that will get you trouble Derek... for the reason, providers are not allowed to see the ROS, even on a review that YOU wrote yourself. You think some of us guys are impressed with the quality and quantity of his reviews, if we were allowed to do that, I think CJ would have every provider lined up at his door waiting to get a review done. (He may already.)
You are right. That is CL behavior and is clearly unacceptable. Your reviews are so high quality and spot on, and I hope this incident in no way gives you reason to pause regarding your reviews. Just sorry to hear it happened.
Parallel thread. Sort of. At least it was before it got hijacked:

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=112695
Parallel thread. Sort of. At least it was before it got hijacked:

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=112695 Originally Posted by Don T. Lukbak
Not quite the same. Not to put words in CJ's mouth, since his mouth may be busy doing other stuff, I was thinking more about when a reviewer in fact writes about things that happened that aren't on the menu in ROS, and may even stress that it is YMMV or that it is off menu, chef special. After all, within categories or levels, one provider's menu is pretty much like the next and can be found at the bottom of P411 profiles and websites and such.

The point is, the sanctity of the ROS section should not be broken, especially to use against the provider who was moved for good reasons, not coercion, to perform above and beyond the call of duty. Otherwise, the reviews will all become a bland collection of same old, same old when the reviewer does exactly what your referenced thread suggests, which is... don't write about what really happened, tone it down to no more than an R rating.

If there are some things that are truly "between them" (the provider and client), then we will never know. The reviewer has to use his personal judgement and discretion if he is going to live to write another review about a future escapade.

Well, all academic, since CJ is complaining about things that DIDN'T happen, and he DIDN'T write about...just out and out liers.
CJ it's unfortunate that someone has embellished said BCD activities that you had with one of the ladies. What all hobbiests should remember is that ANY AND ALL BCD activities is a YMMV thing, decided by the lady at the time of the session. If a guy is not happy with that,he should seek another provider and/or hobby.......Life's not fair and never will be....get used to it.
CJ, sorry that happened to you. If your reading a certain thread in the locker room there are some real winers around here. Did the lady mention names to you? I'd even offer to print the review out and fax it to her or e-mail it or whatever. I guess anybody could call up and stir some crap that way. I'm glad she came and told you. Originally Posted by derek303
derek303, This would be a violation of Eccie Posting Guideline #20:
#20 - The men and women of our board each have their respective private areas in which secure content is posted and a greater freedom of expression allowed. Each member is responsible for keeping the information in any of the private secure areas (Men's Lounge, Provider Powder Room, The Rest of the Story, posts which have been tagged as private) 100% restricted to the members who are intended to have access to that material. Revealing ANY content which was posted in one of the men's or women's private sections of the board will result in penalty, up to and including loss of your access to these areas. Full cooperation may result in a less severe penalty, and each violation will be handled on a case-by-case basis. Repeated infractions will impact the severity of punishment.
Please don't reveal the ROS content to members without access. I think your intent here was good, it is just the wrong execution.

Gasp! I agree totally. some of us try our best to provide excruciating detail in our reviews not only to relive that moment, but to provide useful information to the guys. NONE of this in ROS better ever get out to the providers! Even the reviewer himself is not allowed to share the exact content of ROS with any provider.

In any case, if menu items engaged in are not listed in header section under the activities (which the providers can see), THEY DID NOT OCCUR, except in the reviewer's fantasy. The providers should report the offenders' eccie handles in to the mods if they are claiming to relay information in the ROS to them, since that is an absolute NO NO.

You guys may be able to do without my reviews, but what will you do if CityJazz quits writing his reviews??? Originally Posted by austinkboy
Good point. The whole idea here is to exchange information among members to enhance the hobbying experience. CJ's reviews have been some of the best that I have had the privelege to moderate/read. The information contained in his reviews is exactly what this community is all about.
If any of the ladies in question want to PM these handles to myself or sixxbach, we will certainly deal with them according to ECCIE policy.

Spacemtn
AustinModStaff
Thanks for correcting me. I'm just saying anybody could screw with CJ or any of us. Call up the provider and say, hey I read the review you like to get fisted up the ass. When CJ clearly didn't say anything of the sort. It's not a YMMV, it's a creep that is just causing trouble. I hope the girl or CJ reports whoever is doing it. But the caller probably didn't identify himself or that could be another lie and say he's another of us. CJ, I'm glad you put this out there. Again Kboy and Space, thanks for the lesson.
I try to keep up with his reviews (which is hard, it's like keeping up with Stephen King) and he always emphasizes YMMV when its necessary, even then I can't recall anything outlandish from his reviews.

like he said i guess someone clearly realizes CityJazz's prowess and is using that to push for certain things. CJ if its bothering you try to contact the lady and find out if the person has an account. Very well could just be a lurker, that's my hunch.
Does this mean I have to stop asking the girls to call me CityJazz during our session?

Seriously though, it completely sucks that guys are doing that, both for you and for the girls.
Isn't this simply a matter that should have been referred to the mods? What is the purpose for making a carte blanche post such as this? The guilty offenders are certainly not going to own up to it and it does the rest of us no good.
Fair warning?
This is really directed at the guys, but I wanted to hear relevant stories from the ladies, if there are any...

I got a call from a lady who told me that she was contacted by some hardlegs claiming that her menu offered all sorts of things which are (1) not on her menu, (2) was not listed in the "activities" section of my review, and (3) not mentioned in the ROS of my review (which is the part of the review she can't see)

So, I'm guessing that guys with ROS access are claiming information - because she can't verify it - and hoping that she will magically change her menu as a result. That's CL behavior, IMO.

I don't want to write reviews if folks in this community are gonna misrepresent me. Originally Posted by Cityjazz

First of all, thanks for your reviews CJ. They are much appreciated.

I think some folks see what they want in a review. Some may get the details confused, and unfortunately some my be malicious mis-truths.

It is like witnessing an accident, ask 10 people what they saw (or read in this case) and you will likely get 10 different stories.