Thank you Obama, may I have another?

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/ali-...-all-time-high

Saw the price of hamburger yesterday was $4.99 a lb. on sale. Guess I'll go to Henhouse at 6 AM and pick some about to expire for half price.

Oh, you might say, "what does Obama have to do with the price of meat?". Lets start; grazing fees have increased under Obama, EPA regs on ranchers have increased resulting in more fines, farmers children can no longer be used for work (child labor laws you know) so they have to increase their overhead, gasoline prices continue to stay up increasing the price to the rancher, the truck driver, and the butcher. Don't worry though, Obama is getting his Kobi beef and you're paying for it.

Saw the price of hamburger yesterday was $4.99 a lb. on sale. Guess I'll go to Henhouse at 6 AM and pick some about to expire for half price.

Oh, you might say, "what does Obama have to do with the price of meat?". Lets start; grazing fees have increased under Obama, EPA regs on ranchers have increased resulting in more fines, farmers children can no longer be used for work (child labor laws you know) so they have to increase their overhead, gasoline prices continue to stay up increasing the price to the rancher, the truck driver, and the butcher. Don't worry though, Obama is getting his Kobi beef and you're paying for it. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
It's Obama's fault!
Now you're on the right page.
Now you're on the right page. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Didn't you know? When in doubt, blame Obama!

It was due to Obama's incompetence that the German's sank the Lusitania.

Get with the program!!!!!

Oh, you might say, "what does Obama have to do with the price of meat?". Lets start; grazing fees have increased under Obama, EPA regs on ranchers have increased resulting in more fines, farmers children can no longer be used for work (child labor laws you know) so they have to increase their overhead, gasoline prices continue to stay up increasing the price to the rancher, the truck driver, and the butcher. Don't worry though, Obama is getting his Kobi beef and you're paying for it. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
If you really teach the kids are fucked. How about trying the weather, have you kept up with the amount of beef that was sold the last few years because of the drought? the lack of hay and corn to feed them.Why feed cattle when we can make fuel out of it.
Saw the price of hamburger yesterday was $4.99 a lb. on sale. Guess I'll go to Henhouse at 6 AM and pick some about to expire for half price. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Was that for 80/20?

Have you tried Aldi?

85/15 no wait, that was for ground chuck. Aldi's is a German company. I'd like to think I'm buying from local growers.
How about some crow? Just down your alley.
How about some crow? Just down your alley. Originally Posted by i'va biggen

The Independent Obiggen eats crow daily.
The Independent Obiggen eats crow daily. Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
And the right wing idiot sucks dick daily. Gobble on whiffy.
there is 50% fewer cattle in the feed lots compared to 2 years ago
“The food index rose 0.4 percent in July, its fifth increase at least that large in the last 6 months,” states the BLS. “The index for meats, poultry, fish, and eggs has increased 7.6 percent over the [last 12 months] and the index for dairy and related products has risen 4.3 percent"

Inflation here we come.

Another stupid thread started by JDBarleycorn.

You and Whirlagay have filled this forum with dopey threads. Each one stupider than the last.

ALL food prices, hamburger included, have been predicted to go up for months.

Why? California drought, that's why. Pretty much the worst ever. Agricultural output is dropping WAY down causing food shortages. And whenever there is a shortage, price goes up, right? Basic economics.

And yet you failed to mention the drought, didn't you, mouth breather?

Instead, you got in some stupid blurbs about the EPA, grazing fees, and child labor.

Most of our food is produced by agribusinesses. NOT family farms. The last time I checked, corporations don't have kids.

And even the small number of family farms we have left don't rely much on the children of the farmers. Many or most farmers hire out work to contractors who own and operate the planting and harvesting equipment.

So, the child labor restrictions have little to no impact. But you thought you could blame that on Obama and skip the drought, right?

Most of our food is produced by agribusinesses. NOT family farms. The last time I checked, corporations don't have kids.
Originally Posted by ExNYer
I'm not taking issue with any of your other statements but...

• The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) reports the vast majority of farms and ranches in the United States are family owned and operated – in fact, 96 percent of the 2.2 million farms in the United States are family farms.
  • Data from the last census show the number of non-family corporate farms and their percentage of total sales have remained unchanged for two decades. What’s more, after decades of decline, USDA figures show the number of family farms has actually grown by about 4 percent.
http://findourcommonground.com/food-...rporate-farms/

and

Most of the U.S. domestic production of food and fiber comes from relatively few large operations. The 2007 Ag Census showed that large and very large family farms produced over 63 percent of the value of all products sold (though they accounted for less than 9 percent of all family farms,) while non-family farms produced approximately 21 percent, and the nearly 2 million small farms and ranches (sales under $250,000) produced approximately 15 percent.

http://www.nifa.usda.gov/nea/ag_syst..._overview.html

Of course we have to decide if we want to trust the USDA for this to be a valid rebuttal.

Edit to add:
Didn't the beef prices start increasing due to some contaminated processing plants?
Based only on my shopping experience, pork was down in the spring and early summer but those prices have started to rise in what appears to be higher demand.
Fish prices are also rising due to higher demand in the light of higher meat prices. While some fish is cultivated I would think most is naturally harvested although even that is regulated. Fish prices may be a better indicator of labor costs, fuel costs etc. affecting the price along with demand.
Another stupid thread started by JDBarleycorn.

You and Whirlagay have filled this forum with dopey threads. Each one stupider than the last.

ALL food prices, hamburger included, have been predicted to go up for months.

Why? California drought, that's why. Pretty much the worst ever. Agricultural output is dropping WAY down causing food shortages. And whenever there is a shortage, price goes up, right? Basic economics.

And yet you failed to mention the drought, didn't you, mouth breather?

Instead, you got in some stupid blurbs about the EPA, grazing fees, and child labor.

And even the small number of family farms we have left don't rely much on the children of the farmers. Many or most farmers hire out work to contractors who own and operate the planting and harvesting equipment.

So, the child labor restrictions have little to no impact. But you thought you could blame that on Obama and skip the drought, right? Originally Posted by ExNYer
You responded to this "stupid" thread, so what does that make you?

Most food crops are raised by family farms in this country. The drought is in California and has been going on almost ten years. This increase has been very rapid the last three or four years. It is also the federal government that is regulating water in California and has failed to find a solution. Now we hear that Pelosi has gotten an exemption for her part of the country. Now ask yourself this, how can she get an exemption from nature? She can't, so you have to conclude that the federal government has some resources that she can get that will be denied to other Californians. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ain-on-green-/

Child labor laws have no impact....I was driving around this last weekend in rural Missouri. I looked at all the weeds in the soybeans and corn fields. I remember when I was about 12 getting paid less than minimum wage to walk through those fields in the hot sun pulling weeds. They can't do that today. We got paid without any withholding, unemployment insurance, Obamacare, or SS taken from our checks. We usually got paid with cash or a personal check from the owner. Can't do that today and you can't do that on a family farm with children from the family without filling out all the paperwork. Yes, even an idiot can see that it has an impact.