iphone users

What app do you use to hide your text messages and other communications. Looking for something that doesn't assign you a new phone number, but will let you prevent notifications and has password protection.

TIA
  • hd
  • 10-28-2014, 09:48 AM
A hobby phone
Something less conspicuous and more convenient. This isn't for hobby activity. More for sugar baby or secret girlfriend type of communication.
A sb phone or sgf phone. smh.
Really. All I am going to get are a bunch of prick answers. I am a Droid user where there are several applications that prevent unwanted pop-ups or notifications at inopportune times. As a professional I don't want messages laced with hearts, I love you, provocative selfies, or sex talk popping up on my phone when in a meeting or in a conversation with a colleague.

I have a friend with an iPhone and a similar need. I know nothing about iPhone apps so I ask the question here. Please be mature enough to provide helpful advice or don't reply. I am not a rookie hobbyist contacting back page ad's using my personal phone.
You might be better off thinking about the kind of sugar baby you want? Not one who is going to send you " messages laced with hearts, I love you, provocative selfies, or sex talk " while you are at work or at other inappropriate times?
You should look in to Google Voice. Been using it on my iPhone 5 for 3 months now. It's free, discreet and works great. It's an App you can nest in a folder with a bunch of other Apps on your phone.

You can call or text with it. You get a new phone number with it which, IMO, adds to the discretion. You can set up a new Gmail account to link it to, just like the one on your iPhone account. When you log in to the Gmail email, your text messages show up there, too. It's just plain wonderful. Go to the Google home page or just Google it to get started.
Really. All I am going to get are a bunch of prick answers. ... As a professional I don't want messages laced with hearts, I love you, provocative selfies, or sex talk popping up on my phone when in a meeting or in a conversation with a colleague. Originally Posted by manmike
This is not a "prick answer", but a serious question - why the hell would you be checking text messages when in a meeting or in conversation with a colleague? Seriously. Very UNprofessional...

... btw, the "prick answers you got were actually good suggestions. If you don't want to hear the answer, don't ask the question.
Phone is sitting on desk. Receive a text. An iPhone by default will display a preview of the message. Yes you can disable that as a default. Take off your hobbyist hat. This is a common scenario in the real world. I don't own an iPhone and never would. I imagined some of you would and might have a recommendation
Phone is sitting on desk. Receive a text. An iPhone by default will display a preview of the message. Yes you can disable that as a default. Take off your hobbyist hat. This is a common scenario in the real world. I don't own an iPhone and never would. I imagined some of you would and might have a recommendation Originally Posted by manmike
Just curious, if you don't plan on ever owning an iphone, why are you asking about it?
Phone is sitting on desk. Receive a text. An iPhone by default will display a preview of the message. Yes you can disable that as a default. Take off your hobbyist hat. This is a common scenario in the real world. I don't own an iPhone and never would. I imagined some of you would and might have a recommendation Originally Posted by manmike
There's an app called tiger text. Named after tiger woods lol it works for both android and iPhones .. Or there's the the block caller feature on the iPhones. You can block and unblock at anytime.
What's the weather outside?

A. Why do you want to know ?
B. you shouldn't care if you're inside.
C. It's like outdoors weather.
D. Why don't you ask someone outside.

And my personal favorite,

E. You must be a terrible inside person if you're asking about outside while you're inside.

Come on folks, his question is totally legit. Perhaps either an answer or your sophisticated silence would be best.
just get a messaging app like pinger and turn off notifications.

yes, it'll assign you a new phone number, but if you can't deal with that then you may just need a new lifestyle.
  • jwood
  • 11-17-2014, 06:28 PM
Burner apt
Stop by your local Baptist church....and talk to the youth minister.

Ask him what apps the kids are using to hide other apps from their parents.

All what you ask for is out there. I just don't know iphone either.