Looking for the best tender juicy medium rare steak in town?

Just like it says. Or best filet mignon. Now I'm not looking to break the bank but I will entertain the idea if it is truly worth it. I usually grill a fantastic medium rare steak but its for a dinner date out with a friend I've known a few years that could lead to being something more than friends. All talk of love to the side, what are the restaurant connoisseurs choices?
Capital Grille
Thread over...
Vic and Anthony's - Filet Mignon (Medium Rare of course)...
Ruth's Chris....

Can't go wrong there.

Fleming's ranks right there with Capitol Grille

City Center, has both, Flemings and Capitol Grille
My condo...
Flemings
^^^^^

Got another load of equipment.... With them heavy duty boxes....

Lots of string and shit too....
Can't go wrong with any of these. Personally, I would lean toward Vic & A's or Capital Grille for filet and Ruth's if I was craving ribeye. That is splitting hairs a bit, but since you are going to break the bank you should be picky.

Edit: I can't vouch for the cats condo.
  • Sonya
  • 12-09-2014, 04:01 PM
Ruth's Chris....

Can't go wrong there.

Fleming's ranks right there with Capitol Grille

City Center, has both, Flemings and Capitol Grille Originally Posted by lookn4boobies
Ruth Chris served me raw lobster. Forgot me, until.my date was finished eating. Horrible sevice, I'd never go back.

Oh and Pappa steakhouse is one of my favs.
Pappa steakhouse is one of my favs. Originally Posted by Sonya
Good addition. Cowboy ribeye with the bone split to enjoy the marrow...yes, please.
Ruth Chris served me raw lobster. Forgot me, until.my date was finished eating. Horrible sevice, I'd never go back.

Oh and Pappa steakhouse is one of my favs. Originally Posted by Sonya

I went into one in NY, straight from work, ( construction) and had not shaved for a week...

I had their full attention... ( I sat in the bar) Every 20 seconds someone was checking on me... I think, they thought I was going to dine and dash..

The other four through out the country, I have had no issues with service.

All of the Flemings I have ate at, I have gotten the VIP treatment... ( I was the guy on the ground that built them) same with Capitol Grille,
Had Fleming's again last week. It was great, but the memory of Captial Grille was resonating in my mind even with the first cut of steak in my mouth at Flemings.
Killen's

Oh and Pappa steakhouse is one of my favs. Originally Posted by Sonya
Might have the best porterhouse on the planet.

Best of three worlds....pull apart tenderloin on one side. Slice-able strip on the other side.....bone in the middle.

Thickness might be 1.5"

If you can't stand under cooked, specify the tenderloin side doneness.

If you can't stand over cooked, specify the strip side doneness.

The tenderloin side takes longer to cook. I tell them i want the strip side medium rare or under. Then my tenderloin side is rare.

Damn.....hungry.

Edit: 28 oz serves two normal people or one hungry GS.