Car buying, new or used

Worst purchase ever. I like new cars, don't like paying for them. What is everyone's thoughts on this?
Used. I refuse to buy something that loses that much value that fast. I've pretty much bought them all used; BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, etc and you get much better value for your dollar by going a couple years old with low miles and they're still like new.
I always do new. But I keep them for 10 years before replacing. So the lose value is a wash if you keep it for a long time. And you have piece of mind and an outstanding warranty.
prefer to do a combo....Buy 2 to 3 years old and drive it for 10 years
Driving a jeep I bought new, thinking about a Tahoe or a Yukon.....I like the toyota sequoia too....thinking used this time around...
If your wanting to always want a new car every few years look at a lease. Payments are generally lower only downside if you put a lot of miles on them they will charge you back at the end of your lease anywhere between .10 to .12 a mile. But like UC said if you want to keep it for awhile and still beable toget some return from it buy one that's no more than two years old that's decked out. And like Scottprestons mention also if your going to keep it for along time new is the way to go you'll definitely save money in the long run. Both very good points.
just wish I had a car right know new or used about 4 days ago an idiot ran a stop sign and messed my car up pretty bad he didn't have any insurance so I'm stuck taking him to court if he even shows man this really sucks
I bought a new ford f150 in 2004 it now has only 76000 miles on it.replaced altenator that's.it.did not buy extended warranty,much to the chagrin of the salesman.built ford tough lol.
I always buy new and drive 10 years or so. If you go online and price out 2 year old vehicles, for a couple thousand more you can get new. To me, the extra couple grAnd is worth the peace of mind of knowing that I am the only one who has driven the vehicle, so any problems that pop up are not a surprise. I have a 12 year old truck I bought new. Have only replaced tires once, and just replaced the alternator. It has 125k on it. Routine maintenance pays off.
just wish I had a car right know new or used about 4 days ago an idiot ran a stop sign and messed my car up pretty bad he didn't have any insurance so I'm stuck taking him to court if he even shows man this really sucks Originally Posted by Selena25
Wow, that's horrible!! Sorry that happened. That's why I always keep full coverage just in case. And a savings.

I prefer buying gently used, 2 years or less. I get the extended warranty if it's available, too. You can't ever be too prepared.
I have th guy I work with to buy cars on the hunt. I'm going to go with a Sequoia, 2013-2014 used. Also having him quote a new 2014 if they have one. The only part I hate is paying sales tax....Plenty of room in the sequoia....thoughts of high school days, get a lot done with all that room...lol
old heaps that run put a smile on my face.
wait, we talkin women or cars?