On my way to Atlanta...

Hello,

I'm heading to Atlanta for 3 days. I'll be staying around the perimeter and would love to find a great Italian or Japanese restaurants. Any suggestions?

Bisous,

Cleo

www.sensualcleo.com
Attached Images File Type: jpg 3.jpg (53.5 KB, 226 views)
Lots of consistently average restaurants in that area. The better restaurants are in Buckhead.
I just checked in yes seems pretty empty around here Looks like I'll have to do some driving to get nice places.
Pricci, Neo, or Davio's all in Buckhead.

I am not aware of any great Japanese restaurants. Lot's of medicore hibatchi-style places all over town.

Like Ansley said, not much "fine dining" in the Perimeter Mall area, plenty of higher end chain kind of places. Really comes down to how important a great meal is vs. a pretty good one. BTW, if you wait until after rush hour Buckhead is only a 10-15 minute drive.

If you have control over where you stay, I always suggest Buckhead or Midtown hotels if you are interested in fine dining, nightlife, shopping etc. The pricing is comprable, in fact I had a colleague recently tell me that The W Buckhead cost less than The W Perimeter and even if your business is north of the city, in the mornings you have a reverse commute which isn't too bad (e.g. everyone else is trying to get into the city).
I just checked in yes seems pretty empty around here Looks like I'll have to do some driving to get nice places. Originally Posted by sensualcleo
Hopefully things are picking up a bit now (7pm). The Perimeter area hotels are almost exclusively places for traveling business folk to rest their heads at night. Very little convention/meeting business, so I would expect it to be empty mid-afternoon.
Oh, I didn't know that you were driving. In that case you are about 10 minutes away from great sushi. It's a rather small and quite place. http://sushihuku.com/ If you would rather have a lively crowd with so so sushi, head to Goldfish right there at the mall.
McKendrick's is a great steakhouse in the area and a nice spot to grab a drink in the evening. Interesting crowd. Goldfish too, is good, I am heading there tomorrow for a bite.
www.mckendricks.com
Hello Cleo

lovely to see you here. I was staying near the W in Buckhead and a lovely local took me to "Market." You would like it! Hope to see you in the New Year

Chiara xx
Rathbuns on Krog Street is amazing. Bistro Niko is fun. Holeman Finch Public House is great. I have yet to find incredible sushi. JCT Kitchen and Bar is very good as well. Portofino is great for Italian. Parish also has a great menu. Oh and one more...Wood Fire Grill on Cheshire Bridge Road. I love to eat!!!!!!

I hope you have a great visit!

Alex