Holiday Gifts for the Incorrigible Foodie

Every year, my family complains that the only things on my Christmas list are kitchenware and books - nothing "exciting" in their minds. In an effort to appease their need for holiday gift giving excitement, I was browsing for some more interesting foodie gifts, and found this:

Bon Appetit's "Filthy Rich" Holiday Gift Guide

Among the most delectable choices in my book:

Petrossian Caviar Tasting Extraordinaire, $650
What do you get when you combine world-class roe—Tsar Imperial Ossetra, Special Reserve Alverta—with a whole lot of Krug Grand Cuvée Champagne? A Bon Appétit-exclusive Petrossian caviar tasting with the grandson of the company's founders at his New York City outpost.

Blackberry Farm Day in the Life Program: Winter Truffle Foraging and Cooking, $2600
What's it like to be the chef of an idyllic 4,200-acre farm and resort? Fork over two and a half G's and you can find out. (Hint: The day starts foraging in Tennessee's Smoky Mountains and ends with a 5-course truffle menu.

Honolulu Fish Company Holiday Starter Kit, $500
Sign up for a delivery of ahi, ono, and other sushi-grade fish straight from the docks of Honolulu to the counters of your kitchen in less than 24 hours.

Now my family is sorry they said anything at all.

And then I received a PM on ECCIE requesting advice on cookware and cutlery selections. Since own Christmas list includes some pretty fabulous foodie finds, I shared my personal favorites with the gentleman. I personally think they're very exciting, and if I were his wife, I'd be ecstatic to receive any of them.

Viking Cookware

Shun Cutlery

I know, I know...I may need to take a third job to support my own foodie habit.

But this is about finding gifts for my foodie friends. What are some of your favorite gift suggestions - or personal favorites - for the foodie in your life?

Not to hijack your thread too much, but it is funny when you ask financially independent adults what they really want for a gift and they give you an honest answer, like the $2600 day in the life at a truffle farm.

Generally speaking I don't tell people what I really want because I don't want them spending too much on me or if it is something I really want I just buy it, not waiting for XMas or my birthday...
One problem that I have as a recipient of gifts is that if the people giving me the gift can afford it, I've probably already bought it for myself. So that makes me tough to buy for. But food related gifts are idea as one can always use another liter of a high grade Extra Virgin Olive oil or balsamic vinegar, etc. Now as soon as my kids get out of law and medical school, they can start buying me truffles and cases of Bordeaux and Burgundy!!!
I want a vibrating strap on/a yellow jeep/and a stocking full of funky socks!!!
I want a vibrating strap on!!! Originally Posted by DallasRain
I can vibrate my hips for you and we'll go from there.
Dallas, you silly girl. You can't eat a vibrating strap on, a yellow Jeep, OR a bunch of socks!!

Well, you could... but I would definitely recommend having medical professionals nearby afterwards.
It's an automatic sauce stirrer

They are ohhhhh so bad for you. If you're in South Texas, you're in tamale heaven

They taste really scrumptious.

They are sooooo bad that I only eat them during the holidays.

Tamales...my favorites are cream cheese and jalapeno with salsa on top. What is your favorite.

It takes a lot of handwork to make them, but are sold for about $9 per dozen or less.