Purpose of the Confirmation Call

• S-Man
  • 12-20-2010, 02:20 PM
You make an appointment with several days or a week notice. Although you have a scheduled appointment, you are requested to call and confirm either that day or day before. What is the purpose of the confirmation call? Since my days on ASPD, some women require one and others do not.

Is it a sort of Point of No Return? Can either party cancel the appointment without any ill feelings toward the other? Thus, both parties can attempt at another time without prejudice.

Is it merely a reminder so both parties know of the upcoming? The assumption is that cancellation is not an option.

I've owned either a Palm, Treo or iPhone for years. So, I never needed a reminder when I was supposed to meet someone.
Things happen. People forget. Conflicts come up. I always confirm before leaving for an appointment so I don't waste time, gas, etc because of a last minute issue.
To make sure that you/her are still coming.
Im going to need a confirmation or call to make that you're still on your way - to know whether or not I'm gonna need to masturbate in the morning or wait and save it all for you! Tha'ts why!! Lol, hey a girls' gotta get hers ya know!? That's whats up!

Your Latina Lover,
Jessica
7 minutes. That has to be a new ad posting record, right?
Where I come from, a confirmation call is just pure courtesy!
To make sure that you/her are still coming. Originally Posted by hotlips_houlihan
Very simply, this. It's simply to confirm plans. In addition, I like to speak with the person I'm meeting the day we meet. No big logical reason why, but it just makes me more comfortable. If we're meeting in public for the first date, it's a chance to go over what we both look like and are wearing, so neither of us goes to dinner with the wrong person.

I don't, however, require that HE call ME -- as long as one of us touches base with the other, we're good.
  • S-Man
  • 12-20-2010, 10:59 PM
I don't, however, require that HE call ME -- as long as one of us touches base with the other, we're good. Originally Posted by Carrie Hillcrest
Years ago, I had to consider an appointment cancelled because I could only reach her voicemail and never got a call back to get directions. Well, the provider was pissed off at me because I didn't know she had lost her old phone and had to get a new number.

Funny thing, she clearly could've called me to confirm as she was the one to call me an hour after our appointment was to have started.
I've had so many chicks flake out on me over the years, I start getting concerned if I don't get a confirmation call or text.
Beating the dead horse some more......
First and foremost the call is for courtesy, for the lady and yourself. With your time in the hobby you are well aware of the organizational skills that are lacking on both sides.
Like Bubba said, shit happens. In the instance of the missed appointment of yours? If you called and she don't answer? Its on the provider, its pretty easy to see that clients can't always be waiting by the phone.
My main reason for the call? Feeling things out. For selfish reasons I'll call a couple hours prior to see what's up. On the business side, we're spending the money and we want things to go right. Now there are things we can do to help our situation...hence the call. She's running late, your session may be rushed..a phone call and you back the appt up (if possible) maybe she's in a spunky mood and a bottle of wine is in order...bad day/night and maybe some flowers are in order.
The long and the short of it? If you're wanting each visit to be the best you've ever had, then you have some work to do ad well.....
Communication......its only another phone call
I totally understand the concept of the 2 call or 3 call system. Both parties know whats going on. that way both can make other plans if needed, or the time can be shifted . Normally ask when I should call so that I am not calling while they are busy. If you know what I mean. I recently made an appointment for the same morning about 1 1/2 hours from then and she said to call when I got there. I asked when I get there or at the appointment time she said at your appointment time. So I drove there asap because I didn't know how long It would take, found the address and went a block away to a Walgreen's and killed some time. I even bought a nice card to put the donation in while I was there. I went and sat in my car and about ten minutes before the set time she called my hobby phone and started yelling at me for no showing. At first I thought she had me mixed up with appointment before me or something. I then told her I would be right there and guess what, She was not even there yet. It all worked out in the end but all I could figure was that she must have had a few no shows and I somehow took the hit for it.
I agree with all the points. But I feel what TinMan says. Most providers I've seen are punctual, but there is a lot of flakes out there who have no concept of time or personal responsibilty. I've had to wait up to an hour after the scheduled appt time because the provider fell asleep, just got there, forgot, etc. C'mon, man....it's not that hard to plan!
silly question..lol
silly question..lol Originally Posted by babydollsnow
Yes It Is ! ! !
As with most things in this hobby, you'll find that the ladies who require a confirmation call do so for various reasons. Carrie's advice above is typical of more established providers. Far on the other end of the spectrum are the travelling ladies who use the confirmation call as a signal to have their "travelling companion" leave the room before you arrive. In these cases, they'll sometimes return the courtesy by calling you back the next day to ask to borrow money to bail their companions out of jail because, "OMG, we got pulled over and the cop found a gun and like, it wasn't even his and this is so totally bogus and we're going to fight it but we just need to get him out today so we can get home..."

If you catch the way I've drifted...