Thoughts on Quick Weight Loss Center

I keep on hearing about this QWLC on the AM sports stations and they make them seem awfully good.

I'm just curious if anybody has done business with this clinic chain?

I'm a big guy and will admit it, however if anybody is big but doesn't want to put it out for the public, please PM me with any information you may have.

Thanks in advance.
I have had an on and off weight problem since I was 18 years old (can't remember if it was on or off when we met at that shower party a couple of years ago; maybe you do). I still find the best weight control is simple diet (fruits, nuts and vegetables, not too much red meat, no sodas and junk foods) + some exercise. 45 minutes of walking everyday day can be enough, surprisingly, and we do get rewarded with added energy for push-ups in the sack

Also, to do this on our own spares us lots of money!
Hi John-

I am a physician who deals with this questions all of the time and my patients have had great success with following a few simple guidelines:

1- do not eat after 7:30 at night. period. Food eaten later in the evening is simply converted to fat as you sleep as your body stores the unneeded calories.
2- as little caffeine as possible- caffeine causes fluctuations in your insulin levels which lead to increasing hunger pangs.
3- after dinner- a 15 minute walk around the block.
4- do not darken the door of a fast food restaurant ever again. Even the "healthy" choices at these places are not good choices.
5- cut down on alcohol consumption.

People are amazed how these simple guidelines alone will have a real impact on their weight. The more overweight you are, the better this works, but at some point you will reach a baseline weight where more stringent diet/exercise will be necessary to continue to lose those pounds.

I hope this helps you and let us know how it goes.
What they said!

A couple of years ago, my office had a weight loss bet for charity. I weighed in at a portly 274. Yikes! I spent the next three months avoiding fat (bacon's not fat, right?), and exercising portion control. That was it. I didn't exercise, didn't cut back on alcohol, did count calories.

At the closing weigh in, I was 227.

Two years later, I'm 224 which, after the holidays, ain't too shabby. I've been as low as 217, but that's a stretch for me on my frame. The habits born out of the bet are natural to me now. I eat fat, but not all the time, and I simply cannot eat full portions in restaurants anymore. I exercise and can now fast-walk the golf course carrying my bag and not bat an eye (get around in 2 1/2 hours).

I'm about to turn 46, and haven't felt (or looked) this good in decades.

My recommendation: take up the doc's advice above, but don't be a slave to it. If you make it a chore or outside of a sustainable routine, you'll fall off the wagon in no time. It has to be a regime that does not overly interfere with your normal life (I have lots of business lunches and dinners, so ordering special meals is awkward).

Do that, and don't be too result-oriented. Focus on how you look and feel, and not the number on the scales. Good luck!

(PS: in my totally unqualified opinion, any weight loss program that does not involve diet and/or exercise is bogus. They simply force water out of your body to get the lbs off, but you get them straight back the moment you stop.)
Nobody's answering your question.

John, the hardest part about weight loss is the will power to keep to a program. Every program that includes eating the right foods and exercising will help you lose weight, the only variable is if you have the willpower to follow the guidelines. Quick Weight Loss Centers are no different than any other. They will lay out a plan for you, and it will work, but only of you follow it. I've seen their customized dieting plans and food options, and I've run them past a registered dietician so I know what they're about. It's another part of what I do in the Army. They'll help you lose weight, but again, the amount of weight you lose can never be predicted up front, and you have to commit to their plan wholeheartedly if you expect to lose even a single pound.

A big part of why it worked for Sean and John was because they were partners in the experience and they could rely on each other to keep themselves on track. Now that they're not on the program anymore they're not doing so good. It's up to you...but only you can choose to have success with it or not.
My SO went there and she droped 40lbs in no time. The most difficult part is keeping it off. You will have to change your life style and eating habbits.
It's really about a lifestyle change. Something like QWLC can help if you have little will power, but the same results or better can be done on your own. In the most simple form, if you consume less calories than you burn, you will lose weight. So consume less or burn more. This does not take into account that there are "better" calories and better times to eat, but that's something you will need to investigate.

More meals per day, but eat SMALLER meals, which is the key. Spread your calorie consumption out over the day. Later in the day, only eat low fat, low carb and high protein. Don't eat late a night. Try to do some form of exercise at least 4 days a week.

It's all about small steps and changing routine and habbits for the better.
I did QWLC back about 12 yrs ago.
I lost 35 lbs in about 2 months.
It's very close to the Adkins diet. You can eat out and cook for yourself but your not allowed hardly any bread products.
That was the only thing I craved. You also have to take these supplement pills , they are expensive. I had to quit taking them because they raised my heart rate.
They aslo sell you snack bars to eat between meals and they are expensive as well.
So I would say that if you eat 4 small meals a day, stay away from bread and fried foods, and snack on fruit, you would probably have as much success as with the QWL program.
Wakeup and killer are right. It's has to be a life style change. If your fat it's because of what you've done to yourself in almost all cases. I have a friend who went there. He lost about a 100lb's. He's now working out at the gym trying to get rid of the sag. He's doing good. I really think he goes there to check out the ladies. Can't say I blame him