The Dixie Chicks Return To Texas

Been recently announced that the Dixie Chicks will finally make an American tour, and will return to Texas in August of 2016. I will gladly pay to see these super talented girls any day of the week. But I wonder if there are people out there still butt hurt over what they said about Bush in 2003?

From where I sit, they have been vindicated as that was proven to be a shit stupid move in Iraq. Anyone feel otherwise? And why? Given the amount of bullshit that is spread daily about our current POTUS, what Natalie said was fairly tame.
Fuck those cunts!
Fuck those cunts! Originally Posted by chicagoboy
What an eloquent response, from a fucking douchebag
What an eloquent response, from a fucking douchebag Originally Posted by Look-at-Stupid
Tsk, tsk - such uncivil language, directed at a fellow ECCIE member.
I wonder if there are people out there still butt hurt over what they said about Bush in 2003?
Originally Posted by Look-at-Stupid
what did they say about Bush? are you saying the Dixie Chicks have bald pussies?

wait, I kind of remember.. disregard what I posted.. (although if you KNOW they have smooth pussies, please pm some photos)

anyway, yes, I seem to recall they (or Natalie Maines, at least) said something about being embarrassed at hailing from Texas, because of GW's actions in Iraq.. I was not, and am not butt hurt..

that sort of squashed their career for a while... meanwhile Jim Morrison talks about raping his mother, and the Doors' career blossoms.. go figure.
what did they say about Bush? are you saying the Dixie Chicks have bald pussies?

wait, I kind of remember.. disregard what I posted.. (although if you KNOW they have smooth pussies, please pm some photos)

anyway, yes, I seem to recall they (or Natalie Maines, at least) said something about being embarrassed at hailing from Texas, because of GW's actions in Iraq.. I was not, and am not butt hurt..

that sort of squashed their career for a while... meanwhile Jim Morrison talks about raping his mother, and the Doors' career blossoms.. go figure. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
Sorry my man, I have no such pics and no such knowledge. And Jim was a bit of a train wreck in another era. Explains why he has been gone for so long.
Ohhhhh My Gosssshhhhh let's go ; )
Ohhhhh My Gosssshhhhh let's go ; ) Originally Posted by BritneyB93
Come to Texas and we just might
I'll go with Look :-) I'll even sing along with them and wear short shorts tank top cowboy hat and boots yeehaw!
The Ditsy Shits return to Texas. How thrilling.
I'll go with Look :-) I'll even sing along with them and wear short shorts tank top cowboy hat and boots yeehaw! Originally Posted by TheHorseTrainer
sounds like a plan, we can even take in a horse race or 2 at Lone Star first
The Ditsy Shits return to Texas. How thrilling. Originally Posted by Ramjet
If you knew anything about music, you'd know it was. Being uneducated in the subject, you'll remain gleefully clueless
Their (or Natalie's) comment was a classic example of pandering to their audience. "Traveling Soldier" is one of my favorite songs, but just as I don't watch Jane Fonda movies, I don't listen to The Dixie Chicks music.
Their (or Natalie's) comment was a classic example of pandering to their audience. "Traveling Soldier" is one of my favorite songs, but just as I don't watch Jane Fonda movies, I don't listen to The Dixie Chicks music. Originally Posted by Wheretonow
How did anything Natalie Maines do compare with that Jane Fonda did? I guess free speech is not your thing huh?
The DC returning to Texas is a big deal considering Natalie was under death threats the last time they performed in Dallas. Natalie has always liked to stir up shit, but she was also the one who helped the girls make the big time.

I think America was still in ultra patriotic mode in 2003 with 9/11 still fresh in folks minds. I think she would have been ok just to say she was against the war...most artists are. She took it too far with the Bush comment. Like W said, freedom of speech is a two way street and you have to live with the consequences of your words.

If the music is good, enough time has passed for the tour to be a success. Just shut-up and sing.

Enjoy the show.