Insanity

I finally started my insanity workout yesterday.

Today I feel like my body is made up entirely of a rubber chicken... My taint is literally the only thing that doesn't hurt.

Is anyone else doing it? Has anyone completed the full 60 day program? What were your results?
If your taint isn't hurting then you are probably doing it wrong.
We have gym at work and I do the Insanity
workout every Wednesday. I was sore at first
but it gets easier after a while.
I need to start it myself and get back to fighting weight
need a partner?
need a partner? Originally Posted by notequiteatroll
Really? You would do it with me? And promise not to laugh, not even a little? Coordination isn't exactly my thing.

I just bought these giant interlocking foam squares for my garage floor. Working on wall mounting a little tv out there, too.
Really? You would do it with me? And promise not to laugh, not even a little? Coordination isn't exactly my thing.

I just bought these giant interlocking foam squares for my garage floor. Working on wall mounting a little tv out there, too. Originally Posted by Ginger Doll

hell, i'd give it a whirl.
if we trip over each other it won't be any kind of gay thing. so that's a plus.

and i am in no shape to be making any fun of anybody.
I want to do it but I hate Sean's face...and his hype-ness. Don't yell at me while I'm dying!
I want to do it but I hate Sean's face...and his hype-ness. Don't yell at me while I'm dying! Originally Posted by Danielle Reid
We never listen to him. We just play the video on zero volume and blast music out of the Beats by Dre.

I just read an article that said that pickle juice is frequently used by athletes after workouts to prevent cramps. I'm going to try that. Sounds stupid but it might work...

I usually put it in my Bloody Mary's. Maybe I'll just start making one of those after every workout! (Or 2, or 3...) It's like a liquid salad, right? Lol
  • cboat
  • 01-14-2016, 03:02 PM
We never listen to him. We just play the video on zero volume and blast music out of the Beats by Dre.

I just read an article that said that pickle juice is frequently used by athletes after workouts to prevent cramps. I'm going to try that. Sounds stupid but it might work...

I usually put it in my Bloody Mary's. Maybe I'll just start making one of those after every workout! (Or 2, or 3...) It's like a liquid salad, right? Lol Originally Posted by Ginger Doll
The dill pickle juice does work for me. Sometimes after fishing all day I get dehydrated and if I get leg cramps, I head for the Vlasic jar in the fridge.
Pickle juice has high sodium content, that's what relieves the cramps,like salt tablets.
I have done the full 60 days a couple of times......lots of core work and I definitely get tone and lose inches off the waist. When you get finished you need a break.......unfortunately my break usually last until I'm back in the fat pants.

Good luck, if anybody can make it through the program it's you!!
Danielle & I just walked the Bentonville trail to Crystal Bridges today. Her Fitbit said we walked nearly 6 miles. Not quite as bad as insanity, but close.

It was sure a beautiful day to be outside!
A couple of things:
Working out at the gym results in nighttime leg cramps like crazy for me. I do drink pickle juice when the cramps are really bad, but remember (as already stated) that does contain tons of salt. Good for cramps, but bad in general. I also drink Gatoraid. Lots of electrolytes, and SALT. GNC potassium and magnesium capsules are good, but too much potassium can stop your heart, so don't go over the daily dosage. My cramps usually get me in the middle of the night. Jumping up and finding a cold floor can help, but then I'm awake. I have a container of Biofreeze to put on my leg(s) where the cramp is. Other brands will also work. Get a roll-on. Tubes are messy, sprays can hit the "Y" and you will become on fire . ROll-on is much more controllable. Really the best thing is plenty of water with a bottle of Gatoraid to replace electrolytes, etc.
A physical therapist told me to drink 2-3 oz. of tonic water. The quinine helps get rid of the lactic acid build-up in the muscles which causes the cramps. My experience was that the cramps were gone within 15 minutes. The colder it is, better it tastes.

P.S. No gin in the tonic!