Weight Loss, Dieting Meal Prep

I had a baby about 5 months ago. I went from a very small 120 to 160... Now I'm at 155 but I want to go back to around 125. I'm short (5'5") so 125 is healthy. I want to try a vegetarian diet with no breads( I recently developed a gluten allergy that causes my fingers to blister). I don't like gluten free stuff because I can tell the difference. Anybody familiar with a healthy vegetarian, bread/gluten free diet. Has anybody ever tried meal prepping?
I tried meal prepping once, eat 3 days worth of meals in the first day
Lena, have you checked out the frozen aisle at Walmart? They sell a giant bag of stirfry vegetables that you can prepare last minute. It's a resealable bag so you can make as much or as little as you need. I always buy several of those because they are great for you and can be prepared in no time. I also love canned green beans. Did you know you can eat an entire can of green beans for around 100 calories?

One of my other staples is the extra large bag of frozen chicken breasts. Sometimes I cook them in a pan with a little bit of olive oil, other times I bake them or throw them on my George Foreman grill. Very versatile. I also really really like the stuffed salmon from Sam's Club. I usually buy a couple of cases, split it up into 3 or 4 piece packs & freeze it. Takes less than 30 minutes to bake it in my little convention toaster oven. I keep a lot of canned tuna on hand, too. Very versatile. Great on top of a salad.

Soup... I always have a big pot of homemade soup in the refrigerator. Soup is great for you and endless choices as far as varieties.

The key for me on healthy eating is maintaining supplies that offer a variety of good choices & always shopping for things that can be prepared quickly.

Of course, healthy eating is only half of the equation. I try to exercise on a daily basis and since I find going to the gym to be such a pain in the butt schedule-wise, I keep a stairmaster at home. Half the time I do it in my pajamas. You can find a lot of really great used exercise equipment on craigslist or the Facebook yard sales. I bough a real stairmaster for $75 and they even delivered it.
Love this stuff! Making some right now!!
Attached Images File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (176.6 KB, 217 views)
damn!
hot, sensible and sucks dick like they're goin outta style.
Thank you Ginger. I never considered the frozen veggies but that sounds like a magnificent idea!! I'm thinking of letting go of meat but fish and chicken happen to be on my top 3 list. Turkey is number one because its said to be the healthiest and you can not season it all and it will still taste like something.
I love turkey too, but it has a little naturally occurring chemical that has the effect of making you sleepy, the opposite effect of what you want...
I love turkey too, but it has a little naturally occurring chemical that has the effect of making you sleepy, the opposite effect of what you want... Originally Posted by Ginger Doll
You might think that your post-turkey nap is caused by the bird itself, but this is actually just a myth. It's true that turkey meat contains tryptophan, an amino acid that the body uses to produce serotonin -- a neurotransmitter that helps regulate sleep. But so do other foods. Cheddar cheese actually has more tryptophan than turkey does, and you don't conk out every time you eat grilled cheese (I hope).

The real culprit is the overeating. When you eat a ton of carbs (stuffing, mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes all at once will do the trick), your body releases extra insulin to keep your blood sugar in check.
When I lived in Dallas there was a trainer at the gym I went to that would cook all your food for you and bring it in for the whole week. He was expensive but between the diet and cardio I went from 210 to 180 in about 3 months. The worst part about dieting is that you have to cook, which is why I'm back up to 210 after moving to LR.
Dieting fail for me because I need to have a step by step laid out list of what can and cannot be put in my body. All this "choose 4-6oz of protein, good carbs, veggie, etc..." Doesn't work. Maybe I'm lazy but if someone says you can have XYZ for breakfast, XYZ for lunch, XYZ for dinner, and only 100 calorie snacks from these 5 choices THEN I can stick with the diet. And yes, cooking sucks. I don't have time to cook. I do, however, have time to run to the gas station and get a bag of chips or a snickers
In all fairness about the cost of passing someone to cook all my meals and coming up the plan for me, although expensive, compared to the amount I spend on eating out or hobbying it really wasn't that bad. Wish I could find someone who would do that for me here in LR. Having someone doing all the heavy lifting for me made dieting so much easier and hassle free.
Eating turkey and it makes you sleepy is a myth during the the holidays when people over eat is what makes you sleepy over eating not the turkey.

http://www.livescience.com/41543-tha...ou-sleepy.html

And fyi turkey bacon is delicious.
Good to know on the turkey! Although I don't care for turkey bacon, it looks like my dogs beggin' strips. I wish real bacon fit into the diet plan.
Good to know on the turkey! Although I don't care for turkey bacon, it looks like my dogs beggin' strips. I wish real bacon fit into the diet plan. Originally Posted by Ginger Doll
just trim off the fat
just trim off the fat Originally Posted by notequiteatroll
Ha!!! I might be left with a microscopic edible sliver. Pretty sure bacon is about 95% fat.