Confusion on new Ad & Welcome Wagon Thread rules

I know this topic has been beat to death already and I am sorry to bring it up again but I keep finding private tag rates and or services in ads that makes me wonder, what if?

This Welcome Wagon thread and several ads I have seen have rates and or services listed on them in a private tag. I remember reading in one of the previous beaten horse threads that they are that way because a mod found the ad wrongly created with that info already in it. The mod then puts that info in a private tag and that is what we are seeing.

My question is if this is acceptable under the new rules of ECCIE to be posted on the board that way why can't ECCIE either create a section for the providers to put that info in that would be posted onto the board in a private tag or give the providers a way to post that info in a private tag?

Now if you say my proposal above would not be within the new rules then why wasn't that info completely removed from the ads and Welcome Wagon threads that I have been seeing instead of it being put in a private tag?

This question is mainly geared towards the mods of the site but is put here in Coed section so all that would like to can comment on it.
As the ads are posted by the ladies and a feature only they have access to, its really tough to comment about specifics about the ads. We all appriciate any suggestions but no, prices will not be put in private tags as a standard.

Keep in mind we are still trying to educate all the providers about the new rules and trying to help them adjust. Because of this transistion period, we may do some things to ease their way that will end very soon.

Thanks for the input. Unfortuanly, this specifc idea is not currently doable.
Thanks for the reply Bubba. If ads with private tags are not ok can you tell me why don't the mods delete that part of the ads that are posted instead of putting it in private tags?
I am curious to know if a rate can be posted in an ad as long as no services are mentioned?

I mean, there has been much discussion about starting a separate FBSM section. What if An ad is written with no specific services? Wouldn't it be okay to post a fee there? The activities are usually listed in the reviews...

Just a thought.
Thanks for the reply Bubba. If ads with private tags are not ok can you tell me why don't the mods delete that part of the ads that are posted instead of putting it in private tags? Originally Posted by gptxman
I did.
Bubba,

It always helps if a mod makes a comment in the threads they edit to help teach others what not to do.

The above mentioned thread doesn't show it was edited at all by staff.
Bubba,

It always helps if a mod makes a comment in the threads they edit to help teach others what not to do.

The above mentioned thread doesn't show it was edited at all by staff. Originally Posted by LazurusLong
If you see anything in private tags in any ladies post, it was added by a mod. And only temporarily; just during this implementation of the new ad posting rules.

In fact, I have already started just deleting the non-conforming info from the ads in my areas, the lady is sent a PM/email explanation requesting compliance going forward. Some listen and some don't, when they don't we have to go into warnings/points, etc.

Laz and gptxman, if we made a comment in every ad that needed adjustment, across the country, we would still be going at the changes. PM is much more personal and effective, and easy with a quick template copy/paste. FYI, every single Mod on the site, in every area, was asked to cross lines to where help was needed with ad review/modification. If you realized the sheer number of ads that had to be manually reviewed nationwide, whether any changes were required or not, you would understand what a monumental task was completed in just a few days! Not to mention a totally wasted weekend!
I am curious to know if a rate can be posted in an ad as long as no services are mentioned?

I mean, there has been much discussion about starting a separate FBSM section. What if An ad is written with no specific services? Wouldn't it be okay to post a fee there? The activities are usually listed in the reviews...

Just a thought. Originally Posted by vnurse
Not only is she smart,she is a lot of fun to spend time with also.
LOL! What a sweetheart!
I can see from the replies to this thread that this is a question that the mods either can't answer (explain why what it there is OK and why it is still there) or choose not to for some unknown reason. I am not sure what is going on that blocks a straight answer but I can see from the replies to the previous threads and this one that there must be something. Since I don't think my questions will be answered I don't want to keep pushing it.

Please close this thread so we can let this subject die and hopefully find a good way to move on.
The answer to this question is No.

Thanks Vnurse for asking it. I was suprised it had not been asked before :-)

Just a thought. Originally Posted by vnurse