How did a provider's boyfriend get my number?

Has anyone gotten a call from a provider's boyfriend? A very popular provider a while back let her boyfriend get her phone. He found my phone number and googled it and then found what he thought was my Facebook account to get my wife's name. He left me a voice message referencing wife might find out. He had the wrong Facebook account but was a real lesson not to use your real phone number for texts and appointments.

Here is one solution for hobbyists: get a google voice phone number for free that forwards calls to your phone. You can then give out your Google number for providers to call you. Your real number doesn't show in the caller ID. It gets a little tricky when getting the 2nd call address. Set up appointments by email but email doesn't work well to get the 2nd call address and you won't be able to text but if you block your ID, you can call the provider back to confirm an appointment. She won't like blocked calls so you have to explain ahead of time.

Or just get a 2nd phone. Here's how to get a free Google phone number: https://support.google.com/voice/ans..._topic=1707989
watch who you trust your info with also! sorry that happened...that was wrong of the provider & boyfriend!
watch who you trust your info with also! sorry that happened...that was wrong of the provider & boyfriend! Originally Posted by DallasRain
+1000
I have a second phone (go phone) thats not even active unless I'm hobbying
Sorry to hear about that unfortunate experience. I currently use google voice and I'm not a fan as I've had trouble with inconsistency. I'm going to switch back to a separate hobby phone.
There's an app called burner which I've found to be very good and consistent. Far better than google voice in that it shows the burner number on the recipients phone rather than a weird number. Also you can text through burner. Best thing though is if you need to, you can burn the number and get another with just the touch of a button. Quite handy.
Yeah it's a bad deal. Made that mistake once and twice....lol. Oh well...I am a bad boy.
Get the Truecaller App lets you search beyond your phone book, identify unknown incoming calls and block calls you don’t want to receive. Also make sure you are not linking your hobby number to your FB account. Ive had a few FB pages of providers I know listed on my “people you may know” page. Just an FYI!