I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth...

... but damn, this is shaping up to be the weirdest year (weather wise) in the 9 years (almost) I've lived here.

They closed down my workplace this morning for inclement weather (of course, they did it after I'd already been here for 2 hours, but that's happened before; it's an occupational hazard of preferring to get here hella early so I can get some uninterrupted time).

That means I've had three long weekends in a row (snow day 1/10, holiday 1/17, snow day today). This week was already a short week because of the Monday holiday, but a three day work week?

I can seriously get used to this.

Ok... Time to trudge back to the apartment. Y'all have a good day (hell, have a great day if you can stand the cold).

Cheers,

bcg
I hope this doesn't mess me up today either. I have a noon appointment and I haven't been able to confirm with her........ Everybody just thought they wanted it to snow.
Yeah, this is one of the worst winters I can remember in east Tenn with the constant cold and snow.

I'm retired, so no worries ( or dreams ) of snow days off, but I still do the same crap every day.....shovel snow, scrape ice off the the windshields, clean off the porch, spread salt on porch and steps, clean it again after melting, start 6 vehicles and let them run, take hay to the livestock, clean shit out of barns, then start all over again, LOL

Did I say I was retired ?
Yeah, this is one of the worst winters I can remember in east Tenn with the constant cold and snow.

I'm retired, so no worries ( or dreams ) of snow days off, but I still do the same crap every day.....shovel snow, scrape ice off the the windshields, clean off the porch, spread salt on porch and steps, clean it again after melting, start 6 vehicles and let them run, take hay to the livestock, clean shit out of barns, then start all over again, LOL

Did I say I was retired ? Originally Posted by Abe Normal
You can retire from work. You can't retire from life.

Cheers,

bcg
so if I come that way in february..will there still be snow & bad weather...lol
Dallas,

If you come this way, we will do our best to make it very warm and sunny. Even if it's not, I know you bring a little sunshine with you everywhere you go.

As far as the retirement, I have been thinking about retiring from my second career, but got to thinking about how I will lose holidays, vacation days, sick days. May just have to keep working forever

I didn't think we'd have two bad winters in a row, but damn. I'm remodeling a house that has no heat or insulation. Crack, it's cold. Grab anything metal and the heat is sucked from your hand.