Do I really need to P?

• Trnch
  • 02-04-2010, 10:23 PM
Is it really necessary for a Hobbyist to be registered on the P411? and have at least 2 sources for a provider to even consider you? How has it worked out for you guys?
Trnch,

I myself haven't joined P411 either but it seems to make providers very comfortable. I have been seriously considering it! P411 seems to be "more or less" the standard.
I surrendered.
Works pretty damn well for now. Nothing is permenant in this hobby but the urge to.
It is always nice to see a guy that has P411 especially if he does not write reviews, but seriously I don't count on any verification but my own. So, if a guy does not have it, it does not mean I would pass him by..
You don't need it and I don't have one but it would make it easier for you to get started.
I have only seen providers that are on P411. You can PM them through P411 ... seems to make things go more smoothly..... works for me. YMMV
It's helped me, no problems at all with it.
For a hobbyist like me, who travels alot, P411 is the best. Prior to going to a new location, I check out the talent and send a few e-mails (you never know if they've retired/moved/etc.) and start making plans. Sometimes it works out great (SLC), sometimes not (Alabama...) Its much better than having to scout out BP/CL everywhere I go.

And in Houston, P411 really helped me get started. Now that I have a fistful of OKs under my belt, screening is a breeze with most of the known providers. Best hobby money I've spent so far. I wouldn't say "necessary" but it is very helpful.
It is the best way I know of meeting the ladies who have never met/heard of me. Remember to have those ladies vouch for you on P-411 because it opens lots of doors.
To each his own. Since I only go to a couple of agencies and I am well known at those agencies it would be a waste of money for me.....Bill
I personally love P411, it allows me to see a few of a gentleman's likes or dislikes (if he's filled out his profile) and gives me a better feel for whom I'm seeing. However, even with P411, I check how many ok's (require at least one)and contact at least one of them to further my comfort. When I see that I have an email from a P411 gentleman, I smile, as I know it will most likely be simple to book.

As I also will accept two varifiable references for screening, I would have to say that P411 is so much simpler, sometimes ladies won't give an ok, want to jealously keep a guy to herself (hey I figure there is enough to go around and I'm privaliaged when someone choses me), they aren't available, or some other drama. When this happens, I have to ask the guy for another reference. My ideal is to relieve stress, not to cause more.

Yes, YMMV with anything, but P411 has my vote.
I like it a lot, primarily because I'm lazy and it's a labor saver...plus I hate to bug Honey #1 to vouch me to Honey #2.

But just when I was considering shopping at Sofia's stable....wouldn't you just know it, they stopped honoring P411 (even with 16 okie dokies) and want you to join a damn club. That'll be the day.
I joined but you have to start somewhere and it was hard when I first moved to TX. Everyone wanted references and I had just moved here and had never hobbied. When I was single I got more than my fair share and often. Must have been something about the flight suit. Once I got married the cow quit producing and I had to look outside the farm. It was tough getting in but I found that joining sites like P411, date-check, etc. helped. Especially when I was traveling out of town which I do a lot of.
P411 is great, like everyone says it makes screening easier on most occasions, especially when you travel out of town. After you have several OK's you never really have a screening problem. I usually don't see someone unless they are listed on P411, even if they have ads on BP or here
Perferred 411 helps us know you are safe to see!