Rosetta Stone

• Paven
  • 01-23-2011, 02:16 PM
So I'm thinking of trying this out to learn one or two languages. I think Spanish is a must for practicality purposes and possibly German as well.
It's $225 but it has a 6 month guarantee if it doesn't work for you.
It looks interesting the way they teach you because it's not memorization.
Has anyone else tried this and if so did you like it and are you fluent in the language that you chose to learn?
I started with the Spanish version a week ago. Perhaps we need to study together!
  • Paven
  • 01-23-2011, 02:43 PM
Do you like it?
My problem with them is that it was CD only. There was no online or downloadable function. The only device I own that reads CD is my desktop. When I travel it is ultra thin notebooks or iPads. No CD drives on those type units. They also had different levels you had to buy to achieve fluency. The total was rather expensive. I'm interested as well in feedback from anybody that has used them.
So I'm thinking of trying this out to learn one or two languages. I think Spanish is a must for practicality purposes and possibly German as well.
It's $225 but it has a 6 month guarantee if it doesn't work for you.
It looks interesting the way they teach you because it's not memorization.
Has anyone else tried this and if so did you like it and are you fluent in the language that you chose to learn? Originally Posted by Paven
You may also want to check out the Fluenz language program. I'm doing the Spanish one right now and I like it. Compare the two and maybe even check out some others. Rosetta Stone is well known due to their marketing but I'm not sure it's the best program out there. You can check out the fluenz site here: http://www.fluenz.com/
Do you like it? Originally Posted by Paven
Si
I downloaded it from kickasstorrents. Now I just have to figure out how to get the program to work. I'll post an update later.
  • Paven
  • 01-24-2011, 09:10 AM
Thank you for the feedback folks!
There used to be all sets for really cheap on Alibaba.com. Less than $100 for all three levels, but just looking a few days ago no more Rosetta Stone programs anywhere on there. Odd.