The hobby in a perfect world

How would the hobby be different if there were no LE stings or diseases?
Providers would be rich as hell and too tired to spend it.
Clients wouldn't change much. Horny is a renewable resource.
The price would go up.
I would be able to deduct sessions from my taxes as physical and or mental therapy.
Maybe hooktards and clients would get along
The price would go up. Originally Posted by Iaintliein
Actually it would go down. Elimination or reduction of risk factors lowers the price of any commercially available product or service because supply rises. It's why the street cost of drugs go up when supply is constrained and drug related crime rises.

Weirdly, this makes cops are a providers best friend.
In my home country it is legal. Prices vary just like here. Like with anything, it is all relative to the cost of living in that particular area. Without LE problems, legitimized business costs add to overhead. The disease part, you may as well give up even dreaming.
lots more fucking, sucking, cunnilingus, analingus, face fucking, ass fucking, stripper slip 'n slides, real fetishes, gang bangs, CBT, bonadge, photos, videos, webcam-ing ... you name it!

oh and more negotiating, err haggling, err, negotiating prices.
Q: How would the hobby be different if there were no LE stings or diseases?

Answer: It would be a lot like.... Canada.
NO MORE "DON LISTS!"
In the PERFECT hobby world, they would pay me to service them
I wouldn't need to hobby because I would be getting taken care of at home.
Legalization wouldnt change it much as it would still be taboo...however condom makers will take a major hit if there were no diseases associated with sex.
Actually it would go down. Elimination or reduction of risk factors lowers the price of any commercially available product or service because supply rises. It's why the street cost of drugs go up when supply is constrained and drug related crime rises.

Weirdly, this makes cops are a providers best friend. Originally Posted by SisterTwister
That's what I thought until I looked at Colorado law. Green stuff is more expensive since they can tax it.
It might still be taboo in some quarters, but I think you underestimate the deterrent effect that legal risk has. It's really easy for a girl to operate discretely, maintaining a separate life and deniability, if she chooses to do so, especially in the Metroplex, where she could easily live in one city and work in another. But I think a lot of women are deathly terrified of having to answer for a prostitution arrest to friends and family, and coworkers and bosses, current or future.

Removing the need for women to charge a risk premium for their legal risk would increase the supply, and lower prices would follow. What you would probably see would be a lot more part-timers: students, women with full-time jobs meeting for an hour after work, women with part-time jobs. I'll bet you'd also see a decrease in the number of girls making six figures.

That's what I thought until I looked at Colorado law. Green stuff is more expensive since they can tax it.
We need to make a distinction between legalizing it and decriminalizing it. Legalization would subject it to regulation and taxation, and would indeed adversely affect the price. Merely removing of criminal sanctions would simply eliminate legal risk, and the need to charge a premium for it.