Hip bar and lounge establishments worth checking out !

I intend to be in McCallen for a week from North Texas and was hoping to get some direction from some locals on where some chill bar and lounges are in the greater mcCallen area. . Thanks guys
Just head downtown on the weekend. All the action and eye candy is on one street. Reminds of 6th Austin back in it's heyday.
Lots of places down 17th st. There is also a quieter place on old business 83 and 15th st. They have a great selection of wine. I don't remember the name.
Thanks, so downtown will be best bet. The younger crowd im assuming is in the same area?
Lots of places down 17th st. There is also a quieter place on old business 83 and 15th st. They have a great selection of wine. I don't remember the name. Originally Posted by PGofL
You must be speaking of House Wine. It is a nice quiet atmosphere,nice hotties show up in there also.
house wine is good. hmm, you'll also find some nice people at the barcelona bar (like me!)...sort of downtown in the Ice House District.

but yes, downtown, is def the younger crowd. sometimes I think too young for the most part. even i, at 24, feel like an old woman. =(

o yea, my FAVORITE place to be downtown is Alhambra. Good food and drinks. It's one of the furthest clubs S on 17th st...which is good because it's away from all the drama that tends to ensue. it has a more mature crowd....20somethings and up.
If you wanna see fat sloppy chicks in small clothes with big attitudes and a stabbing then downtown is perfect!