best fried chicken is....

The bbq thread had me salivating....

So I have not actually found in bbq in KC that compares to texas bbq....plzzz don't hate me...lol!!

But i did find some kickass chicken today..

Gus's in kansas City Kansas....I have had the pleasure of enjoying them inm the original venue in memphis so many times!!! Spicy and crispy!!
{the beans need some meat chunks in them,but the tater salad rocks}......go try some and see what ya think!

So what is YOUR number one place to eat at in KC area????
Go Chicken Go is a KCK original best
Oh yea..I eat at the one on Troost?? Quite a bit...they are yummy too!!
The best chicken in KC bar none is
Krunchy Chicken
4302 E Truman Rd
Kansas City MO 64127

Plus you can get like 1.5 lbs of fried okra for $4 bucks.

PS - I'd rather have KFC then eat Go Chicken Go.
Stroud's

And thank you Dee,
for starting another food fight.
however not in kc but my grandmothers fried chicken beats any chain hands down. but sadly that fabulous fried chicken died when she did!
  • Cleo
  • 07-08-2016, 01:52 AM
Stroud's Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
Overhyped, overrated, extremely bland, and sorely lacking, in my opinion. Just like go chicken go, you go there for everything but the chicken. Gus' rocks though! I was so stoked when we got one here.
Anyone who thinks Strouds is great must not have eaten for a week. RC's in Martin City is pretty darn good
Yeah RCs if I'm in MC, if im not at Martin City Brewing, I like their Blonde Ale
The North End, just off the River Market on Saturday Nights only. They bring someone in just to do the Fried Chicken

http://www.thenorthendkc.com/
now yall done made me hungry.....I consider myself a "foodie" and am always looking for that "special" meal!
Anyone who thinks Strouds is great must not have eaten for a week. RC's in Martin City is pretty darn good Originally Posted by Dondo7
For a place that's "famous" for it's fried chicken, it is pretty average compared to some others. I go to Strouds for the chicken-fried steak and am kind of incredulous at some of the people who will sit there waiting 45 minutes for that chcken
Well, Ms DallasRain, you don't want to drive around town with me!

I have my car programmed to pull into ANY and ALL Pop Eye's Chicken establishments whether needed or not. No matter the time of day or night or how much a passenger may be in a hurry if I spot a Pop Eye's I'm pulling in.

Lol popeyes will be ok if there is no other options
I've wanted to try Gus's, so glad to hear it's living up to it's Memphis hype. Will plan that for lunch some day soon.
now yall done made me hungry..... Originally Posted by DallasRain
This thread is YOUR fault, Dallas!! OWN your hunger!