How Police Training Contributes to Avoidable Deaths

We all realize that police shooting deaths do not just involve Blacks, but involve Whites and Hispanics as well. Maybe the root cause of this could be their training. This article was written by a former police officer, and "to save lives, cops must be taught to think beyond the gun belt." I, myself, tend to agree.

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/...rguson/383681/
Hispanics and Blacks joining criminal gangs also contributes to avoidable deaths...
You're on ignore until you post your taint Sassy
We all realize that police shooting deaths do not just involve Blacks, but involve Whites and Hispanics as well. Maybe the root cause of this could be their training. This article was written by a former police officer, and "to save lives, cops must be taught to think beyond the gun belt." I, myself, tend to agree.

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/...rguson/383681/ Originally Posted by SassySue
It's too bad you don't know anything about police training or you could evalute whether the article had any validity or not. I'm with Gnad ... or at least some legs and ass views!
There estimated to be 10,000 active gang members now serving in the US armed forces. They no longer get bounced because of this affiliation since most gangs have a racial or nationalist background. Sound we have gangbangers learning how to ambush effectively and SS is still mired in stupidity.
There estimated to be 10,000 active gang members now serving in the US armed forces. They no longer get bounced because of this affiliation since most gangs have a racial or nationalist background. Sound we have gangbangers learning how to ambush effectively and SS is still mired in stupidity. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Gang members have been entering the military for decades to get weapons and tactical training. LE occasionally is approached, but in the absence of any "quotas" for recruiting the screening process in LE can keep them out....although some agencies have been recruiting bi-lingual officers for community policing efforts.

It amounts to "training the trainer" .... similar to the training that occurred during the Carter administration ... in this country ... with people from Afghanistan (many not Afghans).

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/...rguson/383681/ Originally Posted by SassySue
"Think Beyond The Gun Belt" That's a very broad statement.

Jim
"Think Beyond The Gun Belt" That's a very broad statement.

Jim Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
Pardon the pun. But ....

There were officers yesterday in BR who weren't given the time to do so.

There were 12 officers in Dallas as well.

It would seem to me that teaching people how to properly respond to police ..... would be appropriate so that it will not be necessary for police officers to get into scuffles with citizens that can end up in someone getting shot.

Just follow the officer's instructions when confronted by a police officer.

But who would the Medicine Man in the Poeple's House have to demonize?
Guess you didn't read the article. I don't know anything about police training, but the gentleman who wrote the article certainly does. He was a former police officer himself. A lot of police officers hired are fresh out of the military also.
Taint or ignore Sassy.
I don't know anything about police training, but the gentleman who wrote the article certainly does. He was a former police officer himself. A lot of police officers hired are fresh out of the military also. Originally Posted by SassySue
If you "don't know anything about police training," how do you KNOW "the gentleman who wrote the article certainly does"?

... also what does "military experience" and "policing" have in common?

Uniforms and guns?

I'll address the guys "credentials" ...

...... he's been an officer in a "large department" who's done "research"!

Never been a trainer, never been involved in structuring instructional blocks, never been assigned to do shit in a law enforcement academy ..... and/or addressing training standards and educational standards for LE.

He's about as UNQUALIFIED as Obaminable to comment on "police training"!

Have you ever seen or heard a movie critic who made a movie?