Hotmail Spam, possible virus

I am not sure if this thread should go here, if not Mods please move it to the appropriate forum.

Within in the last week I have received 4 emails from gents I have seen before who have hotmail accounts. The emails are sent with [No Subject] in the subject line.
Being I recognize the person’s name and email addy, I open the email to find only a link. The first time I got this, I notified the sender that I had got an email with a link only in it,,, and I would not open it until I verified that he sent it.
He replied and mentioned he had not sent it. After that I got another from him with the [No Subject] and have receive 2 more from other gents I have seen before too.
I will not open any of the emails and have been notifying the gents that their hotmail accounts are spamming me. So,,, just to be safe I wanted to alert others on this and wanted to know if anyone else has been having this problem?
AST! please don't open that email and delete it, basically whom you are getting the email is already infected, mostly it comes with a link no subject and link say something about my pics, so you are inclined to open it, once you it, your other contacts will start getting same emails from your inbox! hope this helps.
This goes for yahoo and aol mail also. You will get random emails with no subject on them only a link when you open the email. DO NOT CLICK THE LINK! Ladies best way to avoid this virus is to delete emails with no subject on them.

Bro's my advice to not get your emails deleted and help the ladies avoid this virus is to write something on the subject line doesn't have to be something fancy, a simple hi will do. I usually write a date on the subject line when emailing ladies.
This might give you some info...If you don't want to click the link you can Google "hotmail virus in the news". Spoofing is nasty too...

http://www.crn.com/small-business/18...RSKH4ATMY32JVN
Do not open any links from unknown people in your PMs either just because they are a member here.
Already banned one member for that today for spamming.
Yeah. Google it.....You'll see it...
  • ric
  • 02-10-2010, 05:20 PM
This might give you some info...If you don't want to click the link you can Google "hotmail virus in the news". Spoofing is nasty too...

http://www.crn.com/small-business/18...RSKH4ATMY32JVN Originally Posted by sofiaofhouston
sofia I know you meant well, but can you please provide a link to a more recent link than a decade old article?
This is a good time to point out that the e-mail doesn't necessarily come from the person whose name and e-mail address is on the e-mail.

Some malware will pick addresses at random from their victim's e-mail list and send an e-mail to person1 and make it appear to have come from person2.
The only think I did was click on the email and found the link, I did not open the link. I contacted my client first to see if he sent me a link and he said he had not.
FWIW I never open any type of attachment or link from any email unless I know beforehand that they have sent it.. The thing that got me was I knew who it was from, but I questioned it when I saw only a link and no message.
Unfortunately I have had clients send birthday cards and flowers nice little thoughts on line with links,,, that I never opened.. Thanks all.....
Thanks for the post Alexis, it is always good to be reminded of why we should be safe.