"Call me when you're on your way." Nope! Uh uh..No way!

I can understand why a Provider wants the Hobbyist to call; namely she can verify that an appointment is about to happen, get herself ready, etc...

Unfortunately, it's also problematic for the Hobbyist if he does not have a hobby phone. In today's age of technology all calls and text messages are available to a suspicious spouse, girlfriend or attorney.

It almost makes a call from a payphone the safest bet unless you want to stash a disposable phone in your pants.

Ladies, how about it? Can we just call you from a convenience store to confirm we're on our way and get final directions?
I hear telegraph and smoke signals work well too, lol. I wouldnt see using a payphone a problem. Just let the provider know ahead of time so they expect a unrecognized number on caller ID.
And very good luck finding a payphone these days. Yes, they are out there, but they are few and far between. I do have one client who calls from the payphone. But he explained the not having a hobby phone and calling from pay phone when he was booking.
If you are on ATT for cell service, you can buy a Go phone at Walmart for 10 bucks.

Activate it and then remove the SIM card and slide it into your normal phone to use.

It is SO easy to hide a spare SIM card instead of hiding the entire phone.

Just delete any calls and texts before removing the SIM card and you are all set.

You can add minutes once you buy more by installing the SIM card and calling to add them. Buying minutes with cash from a local convenience store of course.
Glad I don't have that problem. I personally don't hobby if I'm in a committed relationship. Just my .02 cents.
SensualSophia has mentioned GoogleTalk a few times. You use the same cell phone you always use, but the service recognizes calls to a different number. So. One cell phone - two numbers, calls distinguishable as to what number with which they're connected.

Worth looking into.
Activate it and then remove the SIM card and slide it into your normal phone to use.
Ever heard of an IMEI number?

IMEI stands for International Mobile Electronics Identifier.

Take the battery out of your phone, and there, next to the bar codes, is your phone's IMEI.

It is sent Every Time the phone is used. Think of it as a static I.P. for your phone. Think of your phone company, (if both sim cards are from the same company) logging every time you switch sim cards.

Granted, most divorce lawyers probably stop at getting the call records for a particular number, but if they word it as all information AT&T has on calls made by Mr. Smith's phone, between this date and this date. That's a call log of a different color.

Green?
I have thought of using Skype on my smart phone. I hear that it has the same application as on your PC. You can create a generic skype account and for the number of providers that use PC's at their incalls these days, could this be the future?
Pay phone...

I didn't know, they still work.
Everytime I stop to use one. (Recently)
They take my money!
And... don't even give the call.
*shaking my head*
So NO... me and pay phones, don't get along.

*shaking my head*
*shaking my head*
Take your Meds
Pay phones are getting tough to find.

Buy a throw away. If you are not using it then take the battery out.

Problem solved !!!!!!!!!
Just get Google Voice - All of the benefits of a hobby phone plus extras without the extra phone to hide, carry etc.
Just get Google Voice - All of the benefits of a hobby phone plus extras without the extra phone to hide, carry etc. Originally Posted by Adonis
Great ideal... does this work on your regular cell?
I'm asking because, if not, you will need to bring your laptop. Right?

It has many options and can be set to work on whichever phone you want and as many as you want. Caller ID can be set as you want, voice mail, text etc can all be customized too.
It has many options and can be set to work on whichever phone you want and as many as you want. Caller ID can be set as you want, voice mail, text etc can all be customized too. Originally Posted by Adonis
Ok that works, and beats a pay phone call.
Thanks for the information.