is ferdburf and geniusman the same person????

why do they seem to always post in reviews as a couple? do we really need help getting to a provider's showcase? or is it a case of favoritism that bumps threads for only those provider's with a showcase? I just hate checking in at some point only to see all kinds of reviews unread and then only to find the only posters are ferdburf with links to the provider's showcase or geniusman with a picture (usually the least flattering picture from the provider's website). I don't mind the pictures but the two in concert just make me wonder?
Personally, i think they are just helping out the Bros by making it easier to further check out the ladies when a review does not include the links.
That very well could be....wasn't saying they weren't. All though, I do tend to miss comments if I see they are the last posters as I know what they have to say, so some bor comments go completely unread... Like I said, just a question out of curiousity and circumstance
Number one, no, Geniusman and I are not the same person.

Number two, I know that some people are computer challenged and have difficulty copying-and-pasting what was supposed to be a link but it didn't quite come out in the review as a link for whatever reason; it's far easier for them to just click on a working link to take them to the websites with additional info that the providers have spent time, effort and money in getting their websites/Showcases/P411 pages to their liking. In other words, I want to make it as easy as I can for the hobbyist to see the site the provider wants them to see.

I only correct links that are not "working links," and I only add links when I happen to know that the reviewed provider has a website, Showcase or P411 page that is not mentioned in the review.

I'm certainly open to suggestions. If most people would rather I not post the links, I can go back to just reading/posting reviews. I hope more people feel free to weigh in with their thoughts. I would love to hear what they have to say.

Oh, and I have traded PMs with Geniusman maybe twice, so we don't synchronize when we're going to add pics/links.

And, dammit (the person, I'm not using profanity), I understand completely what you're saying about missing comments when you see that either Geniusman or I were the last posters on a thread.

PS - I'd rather have Geniusman's job. Even though my type A personality is suited to organizing and retaining providers' links, my hound-dog ways are much more suited to ogling pictures of lovely ladies.
I personally appreciate the pics and links that G-Man and ferdburf provide. It makes it easy and simple for a lazy bastard like me.
I think there should be a field in the review template for the provider's "showcase", just like there is a field for "website". That way ferdburf wont be bumping any thread, and it makes more sense for the link to be up there with the rest of the review. The showcase thing is unique to ECCIE and we should integrate this feature with the reviews, if possible.

But until then thumbs up to ferdburf . I too appreciate your effort.
I don't mind them. I kind of like them. My only request to you guys is that if you have added pics/links to a providers showcase somewhat recently, you let the lest of their reviews go without the addition of pics/links as not to bump them unnecessarily.

However, if it is getting you laid, discounts, or better mileage, then ignore my dumb ass! Thanks guys.
IMO - I like the links and pictures.
Hey Dammit,
Yep you... I need, I want, I appreciate Ferdburf and Geniusman adding links/photos etc. to my fantasy reviews and others. I am a computer idiot!! a lot of us are, the added posts from them are easy (links for idiots) for us to follow. Considering short attention span -- review, F or G's link, bam, done -next!
M Smith
Ferdburf, I would never have guessed you an "A" type guy you seem so -- calm.
MS
Personally I commend both of them for there time and effort. They "add" value to the board with the ease of finding links or pics quickly. Thanks gentleman!!!
Hey Dammit,
Yep you... I need, I want, I appreciate Ferdburf and Geniusman adding links/photos etc. to my fantasy reviews and others. I am a computer idiot!! a lot of us are, the added posts from them are easy (links for idiots) for us to follow. Considering short attention span -- review, F or G's link, bam, done -next!
M Smith
Ferdburf, I would never have guessed you an "A" type guy you seem so -- calm.
MS Originally Posted by Metal Smith
Me too!

Personally I commend both of them for there time and effort. They "add" value to the board with the ease of finding links or pics quickly. Thanks gentleman!!! Originally Posted by TopWhop
Me too, again!

I am really wondering where the question comes from anyway. This is a forum that we all get to participate in as long as we follow the rules. Since the mods don't seem to have a a problem (not trying to speak for the mods, just stating the obvious) with their posts, why would it even be questioned? I think that on most boards, multple handles are not allowed so why would anyone even ask this kind of question in an open thread?
and a working link to ferdburfs showcase... just jerkin yur chain. keep up the good work guys
For myself,the only wonder I have is what provider I am going to see today.In that regard,Ferd and G-man provide an invaluable and much needed service.Afterwards,if I do a review,they can again help with the links/pics which I am challenged to provide,and therefore possibly help others to be "provided for".All of us should go see a girl,do a review,and put Ferd and G-man to work.It's good for the economy and also very "Green" as the only carbon footprint comes from the drive over.After that,I will just wonder about what I'm gonna watch on TV.
helping out the Bros Originally Posted by Amrita Lover
X2

appreciate the pics and links Originally Posted by TheCandyMan
X2

thumbs up to ferdburf Originally Posted by MasudRana
X2

IMO - I like the links and pictures. Originally Posted by blutex
X2

I appreciate Ferdburf and Geniusman adding links/photos Originally Posted by Metal Smith
X2

Personally I commend both of them for there time and effort. Originally Posted by TopWhop
X2

keep up the good work guys Originally Posted by knotty man
X2

Ferd and G-man provide an invaluable and much needed service. Originally Posted by sportfisherman
X2

Thanks to both you guys, it is much appreciated.
I think there should be a field in the review template for the provider's "showcase", just like there is a field for "website". That way ferdburf wont be bumping any thread, and it makes more sense for the link to be up there with the rest of the review. The showcase thing is unique to ECCIE and we should integrate this feature with the reviews, if possible.

But until then thumbs up to ferdburf . I too appreciate your effort. Originally Posted by MasudRana
+1 here! This is the real solution! Mods? Can we have a showcase field in the template?

Onceler
...two clicks is one click too many...