I've decided I like Greek

It's good yogurt.

I get the plain version and mix in flavored Stevia. High protein and lower carbs than regular yogurt.

Actually I like Bulgarian even better. Lowest carbs of all and highest probiotic content. I can only find it at natural / health food stores though.
LOL. Got my attention. Yep good stuff.

The other Greek I haven't tried "yet". Curious though.
I'm glad another straight dude admitted he likes yogurt , I was thinking I was the only one. Lol
I'm glad another straight dude admitted he likes yogurt , I was thinking I was the only one. Lol Originally Posted by Johnnytricks
Not only do I like it, I make my own Greek yogurt for that matter. ("Greek" yogurt is just ordinary yogurt that's been strained for several hours to reduce the whey content.)

Cheers,

bcg
Lol. Nice one!
I've not had Greek, would I know the difference other than a little more expensive...
I love Greek yogurt! You can make your own homemade ranch dressing out of plain Greek yogurt and a dry package of Hidden Valley, also.
The only time I like it is when the ladies allow me to lick it off their lovely tits!!!
I've not had Greek, would I know the difference other than a little more expensive... Originally Posted by Littleroc
It's thicker, and I find it a little tangier. Assuming we are still talking about yogurt.
It's thicker, and I find it a little tangier. Assuming we are still talking about yogurt. Originally Posted by SpankyJ
Maybe thicker isn't the right word - but has a bit different consistency.
Slightly more tart in flavor too. I've actually gained a liking for it myself
I've got an awesome pancake recipe that uses Greek yogurt.
Maybe thicker isn't the right word - but has a bit different consistency. Originally Posted by SpankyJ
It depends on how long it's been strained. Most people I know who make their own Greek yogurt strain it for anywhere from 4-8 hours or so.

If you strain yogurt long enough, it becomes about the consistency of cream cheese, and is called "labneh". Labneh is used a lot in Middle Eastern cuisine, IIRC.

Cheers,

bcg