McGregor lost!!!!!

I'd be pissed if I had to pay to watch it! Was really looking forward to him shutting up Mayweather for good.
If only it had been a MMA fight.
If only it had been a MMA fight. Originally Posted by rockerrick

Almost was. McGregor had to stop himself a few times. After paying for the Pacquiao fight I swore I wouldn't do it again. Periscope rocks!
I'm glad that loudmouth idiot lost. I didn't care about the fight and I'm not a fan of Mayweather, but it seems fitting . I like that Mayweather capped it off by eating hamburgers (whoppers) a few days before the fight... gotta get in shape to fight , right?
Had the fight taken place in the octagon, it would not even have been a contest. McGregor would have beaten him handily. For McGregor to have taken the fight to the 10th round - to me - speaks to his accomplishments as an athlete/fighter. He was in Mayweather's world. And he should not have been able to have made it past the first couple of rounds with a trained, world class boxer such as Mayweather. But he did; and then some.

Yes, he lost. But I think he fared far better than many expected. Do I think the fight was stopped too soon? Absolutely. Do I think he would have won had the fight been allowed to continue on? Absolutely not.

Love him or hate him, Mayweather is a world class boxer. His records speaks for itself. And to McGregor's credit, he stood in there toe to toe with one of the best and didn't embarrass himself nor did he get knocked on his ass within the first few rounds like so many thought he would.

I think both fighter's did themselves justice in the ring last night and may also have garnered a bit more respect from the opposite camps in the process.
I'm glad that loudmouth idiot lost. I didn't care about the fight and I'm not a fan of Mayweather, but it seems fitting . I like that Mayweather capped it off by eating hamburgers (whoppers) a few days before the fight... gotta get in shape to fight , right? Originally Posted by nuglet
But but... a loudmouth idiot won as well.
Had the fight taken place in the octagon, it would not even have been a contest. McGregor would have beaten him handily. For McGregor to have taken the fight to the 10th round - to me - speaks to his accomplishments as an athlete/fighter. He was in Mayweather's world. And he should not have been able to have made it past the first couple of rounds with a trained, world class boxer such as Mayweather. But he did; and then some.

Yes, he lost. But I think he fared far better than many expected. Do I think the fight was stopped too soon? Absolutely. Do I think he would have won had the fight been allowed to continue on? Absolutely not.

Love him or hate him, Mayweather is a world class boxer. His records speaks for itself. And to McGregor's credit, he stood in there toe to toe with one of the best and didn't embarrass himself nor did he get knocked on his ass within the first few rounds like so many thought he would.

I think both fighter's did themselves justice in the ring last night and may als have garnered a bit more respect from the opposite camps in the process. Originally Posted by TxHarleyGuyII
I get what you are saying but Mayweather never said he could beat Mcgregor in MMA, Mcgregor ran his mouth about boxing and got shut up. Floyd could have ended that fight early, he threw 12 punches in the first 2 rounds, he let mcgregor tire himself out and then beat his ass.

I think both fighter's did themselves justice in the ring last night and may also have garnered a bit more respect from the opposite camps in the process. Originally Posted by TxHarleyGuyII
Damn. Well said.
It played out almost exactly as most of Floyd's fights do...he frustrates his opponents with his elusiveness, stamina, ringsmanship, etc.

Yes, he's an asshole. Yes, he's easy to dislike.

Let's also remember he's also one of the best fighters pound for pound that has ever lived. McGregor hung in there admirably, but it was never a fair contest.

Had it been an MMA fight, it wouldn't have been close...he would have wiped the floor with Floyd.

It wasn't...he was in Floyd's world and facing one of the best of all time.

Why anyone would have paid $100 for that is beyond me, but I'm glad it gave us a boxing match to talk about for once.
It played out almost exactly as most of Floyd's fights do...he frustrates his opponents with his elusiveness, stamina, ringsmanship, etc.

Yes, he's an asshole. Yes, he's easy to dislike.

Let's also remember he's also one of the best fighters pound for pound that has ever lived. McGregor hung in there admirably, but it was never a fair contest.

Had it been an MMA fight, it wouldn't have been close...he would have wiped the floor with Floyd.

It wasn't...he was in Floyd's world and facing one of the best of all time.

Why anyone would have paid $100 for that is beyond me, but I'm glad it gave us a boxing match to talk about for once. Originally Posted by Parsifal
Agreed. Boxers in general have the best athletic stamina of any athlete. Mcgregor went 10 rounds with one of the best, but in the end he just ran out of gas. The boxing world let out a huge sigh of relief when this happened, because if McGregor an mma fighter would have won it would of been debilitating to its slumping popularity..
Originally Posted by TxHarleyGuyII
if , if , if...
If I had been offered the chance to be in that fight, where the LOSER got $170+ MILLION, hell , it wouldn't last long, but I'd go. LOL
But it WASN'T in the Octagon.. was it?
I keep seeing people say "if this had been in the octagon"..... But it wasn't. Mayweather never said he could beat McGregor in the octagon. McGregor has been running his mouth for months saying the fight wouldn't get past the 3rd round. Mayweather knew exactly what he was doing and let McGregor punch himself out. The guy couldn't even lift his hands at the end. I personally was hoping they'd figure out a way to knock each other out because I can't stand either one of them.