GPS Woes

The GPS on my iPhone 7 plus has gone absolutely fucking bonkers. When I first look up a route, it seems reasonable, but it becomes clear as I navigate that my location is not updating. Not only that, but it appears to be drifting. I've literally been a block away from a place before and it tells me I still have 3 hours to go before I get there. I've tried both in the Maps application and Google Maps with similar results, so it's not the fault of the application but something about the GPS itself. I've seen some things to try like turning off GPS and then turning it back on, etc. Nothing seems to help. It's almost made me late to three appointments now. Has anyone else experienced similar?
  • BK
  • 09-02-2017, 03:08 PM
FBI trackers mess up like that sometimes
Well thankfully the FBI will be hours away from my actual location lol!
Time for a visit to the Genius Bar? Or maybe a new iPhone?

Cheers,

bcg
That was happening on my last tour. One of my clients bought me this nifty little magnet thing that hooks onto your air vent and you stick the phone case with the other magnet on it... well, the iPhone plus is so big that I had to turn it sideways to fit.

What I noticed was in the sideways position the GPS would not update your progress or actual location, but when I removed it from the magnet and held the phone straight up and down, it would correct itself. Missed so exits that way!!! Frustrating because if you don't notice right away, it can add quite a bit of extra time to your drive.

My truck does have a built-in GPS but I don't like it. I prefer the iPhone. Maybe because I've been using it for so many years, I'm just so used to it? I prefer it when it's working properly, anyway. Lol

On a sidenote, when I first saw the thread title, I thought you were going to be discussing golden pussy syndrome. Lol
Time for a visit to the Genius Bar? Or maybe a new iPhone?

Cheers,

bcg Originally Posted by bluffcityguy
Yeah, I'm starting to wonder if it might be defective. I think the problem is going to be that it starts out fine, but drifts as I progress toward a location. Not something that can be easily demonstrated in a stationary location.
On a sidenote, when I first saw the thread title, I thought you were going to be discussing golden pussy syndrome. Lol Originally Posted by Ginger Doll
I knew someone would think that! I almost made a joke about it - "No not that GPS. I mean REAL GPS!"
My truck does have a built-in GPS but I don't like it. I prefer the iPhone. Maybe because I've been using it for so many years, I'm just so used to it? I prefer it when it's working properly, anyway. Lol Originally Posted by Ginger Doll
Yeah my car has one too, but it's been years since it's been updated. The nice thing about using GPS with Apple / Google Maps is they are always up to date.