TexasStarr needs our Help

• selot
  • 02-23-2010, 08:36 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

One of our ladies here on ECCIE needs our help. TexasStarr has been evicted from the place she was living, and has until the 27th to move out. She has found another place to live, however she is short of funds to cover the deposit and 1st month’s rent to be able to move into the new location. She is in need of $600 to cover the expenses of moving.

TexasStarr is definitely one of the finer ladies on this or any other board and it is killing her to ask for help. I know that she would be most grateful for any assistance that you could provide her. If several of us were to help her out with $25 or $50 her expenses would be covered in no time.

In talking to her today, she mentioned that she has a green dot credit card, so you could purchase a refillable green dot money card at any Walgreen’s, CVS, or Wal-Mart and call her or e-mail her the number on the back of the card. If you would like to donate in a different way, you could always PM her here on the board and ask her how she would like to receive the funds.
Again?
Wasn't their a thread about broke providers? 6 guys times $100 for an hour of full service.. she has the $600 needed its feb. 23rd.. could have started today..and seen 2 guys per day between now and the 26th at that rate.. and have the money needed.. could have seen 3 guys per day for 2 days.. and have it all by the 25th with 2 days to spare.

money can always be EARNED.. i am not jaded nor being rude.. but there was a thread about his and boom in our faces..

the right thing to do is to EARN the money needed like the gents that are being ask to help had to do.. not ask for hand outs.. but earn a hand up in this world

bash away.. of course hopefully the provider won't have time to see this, since she is busy earning her $600 she needs..

6 guys, 4 days left... $100/1hr wam $600 earned..easy solution..
  • SiD
  • 02-23-2010, 10:08 PM
I kind of see your point Deanna, however until we step into someone else's shoes and walk a mile... Its not our place to judge, Selot made this post without Starr knowing it. (I am assuming and yes I know what goes along with it...) She didn't come on here asking for any hand outs. From what I do know of Starr, is that she is very cool, very down to earth, and would help anyone out. Just my opinion. And yes, I will be one of the people that will be there to help her out.
Some people will never learn...and some people will always need help.
DeAnna, you give excellent advice, but some people cannot think logically and become swallowed by their emotions. They become unable to help themselves and I hope that isn't the case here. If things don't look up by the 27th, I will help chip in, but Mr. Selot...please urge Miss Star to help herself while being helped by gentlemen.
I am biting my tongue so hard on this one, but have decided to be nice and avoid points. I know, shocker huh? LMAO

All I will say is that some folks should try opening their heart more than they do their mouth.
but open their heart to those who are willing to do something for themselves.
it's not like it was a natural disaster.
there's planning and then there's denial, disregarding, or not considering.
and there's learning a lesson and incorporating the appropriate changes.
if you dont adapt, you dont make it.
Again? Originally Posted by cpi3000
Cpi,
I have NEVER in 6 yrs of being a provider ask for help from anyone on any board.

To the rest of you;

I've posted ads weekly even on the weekends, I tried to do a weekly raffle and give sessions away. I have been job hunting for 6 months and have resumes out all over the place. So it's not like I'm NOT trying to help myself.

I had this all figured out. My mom was going to move in with me because of being business is so slow in Dallas area I was going to start traveling. But I need her here to do that. My son is only 12 and he can't stay home alone. Then at last minute decided she just couldn't afford it. I already have my half of the rent together. So when my mom called me last night to tell me she couldn't make it, that left me only 3 days to come up with her half.

I'm not a druggie, I don't drink, I don't go out partying. I'm a stay at home mom who's being trying to survive since my divorce. I've even gone and filed for Government Assistance but they can't get me into their office until after March.

I am one to always stick my neck out to hear someone's story before I decide to start bashing them and degrading them. And 90% of the time I am there to try and do what I can. And for once in my life, I ask for some help in return and all I get is this?

Hell I'm not even asking for anyone to give me anything for free. I'm willing to do sessions for it. I have no problem with that what so ever. IN fact I would rather do it that way no one can say they GAVE me anything.

If anyone has a job to offer I'm willing to take that. I've got plenty of clerical skills along with business management. In fact there are a couple on this board who have taken my resume and sent it out to those they know. At least they are trying to help in some way.

______________________________ ____________________________

Selot,
Thank you so much for trying to help out. I really do appreciate what you have done. It shows you do have a heart and willing to help when it's truely needed.

SiD,
You too have a kind heart and I appreciate you as well.

Meg,
You are very correct. Until some of these people have walked in our shoes they have no idea what it is like. Sometimes things don't come easy to some as it does to others.

______________________________ _________________________
  • fawn
  • 02-24-2010, 06:03 AM
Starr, I only have one question for you, if you get help and can move into this new apt...If you dont have any work now, how will you pay for the rent, bills and buy food? You wont be able to keep this one either..Maybe you should go live with your mother until you can get on your feet.. doesn't that sound more logical?
Starr, I only have one question for you, if you get help and can move into this new apt...If you dont have any work now, how will you pay for the rent, bills and buy food? You wont be able to keep this one either..Maybe you should go live with your mother until you can get on your feet.. doesn't that sound more logical? Originally Posted by fawn
Fawn,

The reason my mom can't move up here this month is because of the bills she has to pay off this month. April is no problem for her and she can do it at that time. But that still leaves me getting a place to live until then.

I can't move in with her because she lives with friends of hers. There is no room and WHY she was going to move in with me. It was to help us both out.

Believe me, I didn't ask for any of this. In fact I was feeling wonderful about getting into the new condo and being able to go travel.
Hey Star, keep your head up. It may look tough right now, but I truly believe that it is going to work out. It rains on the just and the unjust. We all will have our turn on the merry-go-round called life. Life does not show favoritism. When it rains on sorry people, they will sink. When it rains on the good people, they float through it. I should be able to do something to help you float through this by Friday.
I hope everything works out for you and you receive the money you need. I don't know your situation or the situation of most on this board. Life happens and unexpected things come up.

If one of the men on here posted that they needed extra money for rent, do you think the reaction would be the same ? I'm sure there would be many who would feel bad for his situation, but he would most likely here backlash and not receive anything. Who knows though ?

I hate to say it, but it's not anyone's obligation here to help anyone financially. Not to say they shouldn't or can't. It's not because they don't have hearts or feel compassion.

I do hope you find the help you need. Good luck!
Miss starr i know what a great person you are and i also know how this sometimes dont go the way we expect or need them to go. You are amazing and thaughtful and so many more things above all i feel like i know you enough to know that unless you really needed help that it would not have been said so i for one will do my very best to help you with whatever i can.
  • Casey
  • 02-24-2010, 08:43 AM
I am very upset that this has been brought to the public board. As I feel I am being spoke of as a landlord that has just thrown someone out without a cause.

As the owner of this condo Star and I had an agreement and as of November she could not keep her obligations. In writing as I am supposed to do I sent her an email January 25th that I would expect 1/2 of Feb and all of March rent by Feb 28th or she would have to move. I told her not to worry about the rent for Nov, Dec, or Jan and we could just keep moving forward.

I think I was more than patient and when asked for another week extension on Monday I told her I had to think about it. I made my decision last night and was going to tell her today that she could stay till March 7th. Now I feel that there has been more damage done and do not feel I owe her the extra time.

Now that this thread has come to light I feel offended and betrayed to be treated this way. For those that know me well know I am a very private person and keep problems to myself, but I felt the need to share my side of all of this since most know I own this condo she has been living in.

We all make decisions on a daily basis that may not effect us now, but can years later. I am not an enabler nor am I a door mat. I think people take being a nice person as a sign of weakness and I am not a weak person. There is not much more I can add to this discussion, but I feel a tiny bit better now.

Casey
What Casey says is the truth.. And I didn't mention her name becasue I didn't want to bring her into this. Casey has been nothing but good to me. I have tried to get the funds together to pay her what she asked, but being there has been no business here in the Dallas area, I haven't been able too. So within this time frame she gave me I've been trying to make other arrangements to live somewhere else. Thus the reason I talked to my mom about coming up here to split the bills with me at another location. I couldn't move my mom into this one to split with me becasue of it being an "incall" location. And my mom isn't the neatest person in the world.
I did ask Casey for an extention because the other condo wouldn't be ready for another week. But if she chooses not to extend that, it's her choice. And I can understand that she sees this as being made out to be the bad guy..... She's NOT! She was very patient, and I totally appreciate what she has done.
But none of this changes the fact that my plans to get into the other condo were flushed down the toilet within a few minutes last night.