What’s up w the eccie website?

Suddenly every page takes forever to load, and it’s been like this for a few days. What’s going on? You guys need to reboot a server or something?
What browser are you using
It’s not a browser problem. This happens too often on my smartphone. For me, WFi works but once you go to LTE, forget it. Not sure about the tech side but hopefully they’re working on it. For me

The mobile site works fine, which is why I’m able to post this.
I had a little trouble with the LTE last night, but it finally loaded and was fine. I just couldn't click on a handle and have the private message option pop up to send from my phone. I don't use the mobile version. I'm old school. I like using the full site from my browser on my phone. I'm lazy? I don't like figuring out change? Or putting the m infront of the address? Anyways. It usually works for me.
I doubt that the server knows whether you're on WiFi or LTE, so I don't see how it could respond differently. My guess would be that it's just because LTE is slower than WiFi, and maybe your cell provider has intermittent high traffic in your area. The full site has a lot of pictures and ads, so that's a lot of data to push down a cell connection. The mobile site has a lot fewer pictures, so that probably explains why it works and the full site doesn't.
No, it’s eccie. I have no problems accessing any other sites.
Are you still having trouble? I just did a test, and the full site loads plenty fast on my phone with 4G LTE. That's how I'm posting this.
  • Crock
  • 01-26-2018, 03:36 PM
No, it’s eccie. I have no problems accessing any other sites. Originally Posted by JohnSnow
FBI's probably tracking your web surfing. Better throw that phone away and get a new one.
I’ve been switching back and forth between LTE and WiFi. Runs fine on WiFi, stalls on LTE. Other sites, CNN, YouTube, etc. run fine on either.

It’s this website’s problem.
  • Crock
  • 01-27-2018, 08:41 AM
I’ve been switching back and forth between LTE and WiFi. Runs fine on WiFi, stalls on LTE. Other sites, CNN, YouTube, etc. run fine on either.

It’s this website’s problem. Originally Posted by Prolongus
I can't think of how that can be possible. Seriously. That has to be your phone, or the network.

This could be a net neutrality issue. If your carrier has started categorizing internet traffic, it may be that ECCIE is on the low priority traffic.
Yea I have the same issue
It’s a Eccie issue
Even on WiFi it’s sometimy
I can't think of how that can be possible. Seriously. That has to be your phone, or the network.

This could be a net neutrality issue. If your carrier has started categorizing internet traffic, it may be that ECCIE is on the low priority traffic. Originally Posted by Crock
I tried to post a response using LTE; it stalled. I’m now able to post this using WiFi. As I’ve said, I have no problem with other websites, even streaming video on either setting. Process of elimination...it’s the ECCIE website.

I don’t think this is RTM-worthy, but I’ll post something in the Main Forum about it.
For what it's worth, since I noticed this thread two days ago I've done multiple tests with my phone on LTE and the full site has loaded just fine and pretty fast every time. I've also been able to post from the phone. For the record, I'm using the Chrome browser on a Samsung Galaxy S-8 plus and my carrier is T-Mobile.
I saw someone post something about this in Houston too
If taint photos are posted the slowness disappears.