Dove season

Anybody got go leads on 1-3 day walk in type hunt ,,, I lost a place in Johnson county Now 500 houses damn
Why do you want to shoot them poor innocent doves?

What did they feathered creatures ever do to you?

Do you eat them?

The only time I will kill a creature is for food.

I see folks who go deer hunting or whatever and just so they can cut their heads off and mount them on a wall and waste the rest of the body which can be used for food, I get upset.

In some states like Alaska, you will go to jail for killing a deer or a bison or any animal and not have the meat and other body parts harvested and collected immediately before it starts to rot by a professional company for food for yourself or donated to a company that feeds the homeless or to a school kitchen.

Same for folks who go fishing and they just want to get a taxidermist so they can mount that fish on their wall instead of eating it.

If you are not going to eat it, let that fish live another day and put it back into the water it came out of, gently - throwing a fish back into the water off a boat the way most fisherman do instead grabbing it gently and immersing your hand into the water and then opening your hand and let the fish swim away will hurt and kill a fish which defeats the purpose of putting it back.

Like those people who pay a lot of $ to go to Africa so they can hunt endangered species like Rhinos and Lions and then have their photos taken with the poor animal's body, those people are not human being.

Sure the beef and pork and chicken and seafood we buy at the supermarket came from living live animals but at least they are not being slaughtered and wasted.
They are tasty when stuffed with a jalapeño with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon
Been a while but I used to go upland bird hunting in east Texas (Tyler and further east). There were several ranches with guided day or 1/2 day hunts. Happy hunting!
This is just a peculiar coincidence.

Another forum I go to every day (video games and general non adult topic discussion), for the last 2 days, someone been discussing eating pigeons and squabs which essentially are the same as doves.

I've eaten quails and cornish hens before, not crazy about them.

Just not enough meat for my liking.

Give me an entire chicken, cut up in 8 pieces (2 drumsticks, 2 thighs, 2 breasts, 2 wings), and deep fried anyday.
^^ same as 4 doves (LOL)
Or a Chukar. Those are some big ass birds. Had to switch to 6 shot because the 7-1/2 shot just pissed em off.
Why do you want to shoot them poor innocent doves?

What did they feathered creatures ever do to you?

Do you eat them?

The only time I will kill a creature is for food.

I see folks who go deer hunting or whatever and just so they can cut their heads off and mount them on a wall and waste the rest of the body which can be used for food, I get upset.

In some states like Alaska, you will go to jail for killing a deer or a bison or any animal and not have the meat and other body parts harvested and collected immediately before it starts to rot by a professional company for food for yourself or donated to a company that feeds the homeless or to a school kitchen.

Same for folks who go fishing and they just want to get a taxidermist so they can mount that fish on their wall instead of eating it.

If you are not going to eat it, let that fish live another day and put it back into the water it came out of, gently - throwing a fish back into the water off a boat the way most fisherman do instead grabbing it gently and immersing your hand into the water and then opening your hand and let the fish swim away will hurt and kill a fish which defeats the purpose of putting it back.

Like those people who pay a lot of $ to go to Africa so they can hunt endangered species like Rhinos and Lions and then have their photos taken with the poor animal's body, those people are not human being.

Sure the beef and pork and chicken and seafood we buy at the supermarket came from living live animals but at least they are not being slaughtered and wasted. Originally Posted by CG2014

Stay on topic
When I was driving to hobby this morning there were about 10 hunters with shotguns in a 50 acre field at Indepence and 121. Really smart to have that many people with guns in a small area next to a freeway 121.
Stay on topic Originally Posted by txexetoo
Hunting (killing animal at least partially for personal gratification) is the topic. Seems completely on topic to me.
Stay on topic Originally Posted by txexetoo
I am on topic.

He wants to hunt doves.

I'd asked him why does he wants to hurt those innocent little feathery creatures and is he hunting them and turning them into food for human consumption?

Plenty of food around at the supermarket to be had: a lot of it gets thrown out and wasted after they have reached and exceeded the sell by date.

No need to kill any doves or any animals for food unless civilization as we all know it has ended and you are living in a post apocalypse world.

I also said if he is hunting doves and other animals just for the sports of it and not using the animals he kills for food, that always made no sense to me.
Most (if not all) wildlife management programs are funded by hunters and fishers thru licenses and fees. Wildlife management includes population control because housing development is pushing wildlife into smaller and smaller areas. Natural predators that kept wildlife population in balance are being eradicated to protect domestic livestock.

Hunters aren't allowed to blast away with AK-47s or bazookas. Wildlife has to be given a sporting chance. So limits and restrictions are placed on harvesting wildlife. That's why there are seasons. That's why you can't keep every fish. That's why you can't hunt deer with grenades. Etc.

For prospective, wild pigs have become so plentiful and such a nuisance that there is damn near no restrictions on harvesting them. But they're ugly so who gives a fuck.
Op we use to have a place in Grandview same thing houses now. Check around Godley lots of day leases around there.
Dove poppers are great had some today. Yes we eat everything we kill except big stinky hogs but the smaller ones yes sir. At least 3-4 meals a week are something out of venison, or wild hog, and some are out of fish we catch. Nothing wasted here. We also donate deer to hunters for the hungry. Yes I trophy hunt but also fill the freezer with culls. All natural protein.
Hunting (killing animal at least partially for personal gratification) is the topic. Seems completely on topic to me. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
The topic is the location of dove leases. Period. Plain and simple. It wasn’t an opening for someone to pontificate on their version of morality