laptop--wichita area

I am currently looking for a new (new to me) laptop... Mine is in the shop and i thought it was minor, maybe a virus from my choice of XXX sites... well the diagonostic came back and it needs a new mother board. They said around 350$ area. Wow ugh ya i dont love it that much... so anyway, the places around town say laptops 100-200 on street signs but i have yet to find any truth in it.. Any suggestions? Thanks

I recently bought a brand new laptop off the rack at BestBuy for just over $300. It has more than enough juice for everything I want to do both here and in my personal life.

HP NV51B08U
3GB DDR
AMD Dual Core C50
AMD Radeon HD6250
320 GB HDD
15.6" 19:9 HD LED LCD
DVD and WebCam, Wireless
Windows7

Forget spending cash on something used that you have no idea where is been or been through.
Mine is an Acer netbook (the little laptops ) and I love it! I paid around 300 for it-brand new... It doesn't have as much storage/memory as a laptop, but I honestly haven't had any trouble with that.
If you still have the laptop and want a second opinion, PM me here. I do computer repair and specialize in remote access repair, Microsoft certified, and I don't mind doing a free estimate for you to find out what is really going on. And if it turns out you really need a new one, I would recommend buying a brand new PC with a warranty. Too many times I see people buying used PC's with no OS restore discs and if something catastrophic happens they are screwed. Sometimes it is cheaper to spend a little bit more up front.
If you still have the laptop and want a second opinion, PM me here. I do computer repair .... Originally Posted by badbottom
Great advise from bad, Jamie. Best way to know for sure. Thanks for helping her out Bad.

Have you every used a netbook - they are not much more than a keyboard, you just are struggling to get by. You can get a desktop (same as well) in that same price range but not very portable. Warrenty issues are a whole different ballpark however.
I recently went through that same problem and got a great Toshiba from Best Buy for about 500 including geek squad support and everything.