Houston Poker Rooms

Which one is the best? Looking for one near Northwest Houston
I like playing at Lion on Richmond in the Galleria area. Nice friendly place with good service. The one closest to you is probably Westside which is on the Beltway in the same center where the EZ store is. http://westsidepokerclub.com/

Right now the busiest is Prime Social which is kind wild wild west. Lots of crazy rich players pushing the action.

The best place to find places in on Facebook. Look for Houston Poker Players Club and Houston Poker Club both list a lot of games.
No one does real face-to-face poker unless you are some celebrity trying to promote yourself. Online poker is where it's at now.
No one does real face-to-face poker unless you are some celebrity trying to promote yourself. Online poker is where it's at now. Originally Posted by backonthesaddle
Not true. Plus I don’t trust online poker. Too easy to rig the game. I’ve been looking for a poker game in that same area as well since I moved out here.
Not true. Plus I don’t trust online poker. Too easy to rig the game. I’ve been looking for a poker game in that same area as well since I moved out here. Originally Posted by Slimphat
LOL, and you can't rig a face-to-face game? I guess you want to play for chomp change or something. That's ok.
Not true. Plus I don’t trust online poker. Too easy to rig the game. I’ve been looking for a poker game in that same area as well since I moved out here. Originally Posted by Slimphat
What part of town are you in? There are games EVERYWHERE now. With the advent of the legal poker rooms it has totally changed the dynamics of the games being played. In the old underground games a lot of time there were house players and players on tab which totally skewed the betting. It was hard to make money. With the new legal games there is no tab. You have to pull the money out of your pocket. This totally changes which hands are being played, which bets are being called. Plus there are now both low limit and high limit games so you can find games that you are comfortable with.

As I mentioned the poker groups for Houston on Facebook is a good place to start although the 3 major places are Post Oak, Lion and Prime Social
There is a phone app PokerAtlas that list local games running their software
Paramount Social club
Thanks BL! I miss your games. Legion has been pretty good and Post oak.
I live near The Mint down in Webster, does anyone know if it’s any good?
The Mint has a lot of good reviews on Yelp and Poker Atlas